Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Strux plan  (Read 12828 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Strux plan
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »
A quick check of the cost of shared mod slots reveals:

There are 32 advanced mods, which would cost 80k to share.
There are 63 intermediate mods, which would cost 63k to share.
There are 56 simple mods, which would cost 14k to share.
In total, it would cost 157k FP to share all mods.

Here's how I think we should handle this:

Step 1: Get *all* simple mods shared. It's only 14k FP for the entire stack, we almost certainly have the strux between us, some of them are directly useful, and pretty much all of them are needed as premods for the better stuff.

Step 2: For the inter, advanced, and elite mods, divide them into high priority, medium priority, and low priority acquisitions.

Step 3: Acquire in this order
-High priority, inter
-High priority, adv
-Medium priority, inter
-Medium priority, adv
-High priority units (mainly stuff that isn't massively var dependant)
-High priority buildings (stuff we're constantly running out of and stuff used in personal bases)
-Low priority mods, inter
-Low priority mods, adv

Once we have all of the mod strux, we can then figure out what to do with the rest of the units and buildings. (We're going to be at 400-450k FP at that point, so it's a loooooong way off.)

As for the Improved Shield Generation, the general faction consensus seems to be that's it's complete crap, costing way too much power for what it does on a faction base, and being impractical at best for a drag base, both due to high drop costs, and the fact that's generally better to just keep moving vs thumped enemies.

Does everyone agree with this leveling plan, as well as the decision to delay the SGI until much further into the future?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:07:01 pm by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
Re: Strux plan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:27 pm »
off the top of my head, the to-get mods are...

High Priority
Hightower
Cerb
Pro-Max
ATL
6th sense
all the DII mods
CSG
CAS
DL
Incursion
Triad
Reaper
Crusader
Deathdealer
SBG
PHA
and all the premods for the above :P

mid priority
any effect giving ammo (gyro, cluster, emp, sabot, ect.)
the rest of the guns
any stat weapon changing ammo (explosive, chimara, argus, hyper-bat cap)
all powerplants (hydra, facenorth, ect)
Mobile Uplink
the rest of the acti mods
MotC, hasty, pp restrictors
revealer mods
and ofc, the premods for these

Low Priority
oblit cannon
APM and CNA
any mod that gives just +shield recharge
and stuff that just outright sucks
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:46 pm »
I sent all my simple mods to the fac, i vote we just pile em all up to copasitiy, as chris said, get all the simples done and out of the way, then from there pound out a priority for sharing inter/adv.

-Ian

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:35 am »
As I may be leaving soon, maybe, I don't know if I should vote or not.

But, Trerro is seeing if our two factions should be allies.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 01:52:44 am »
I'm with Cipher's list on this.  I don't feel like typing out a vastly similar and almost exactly the same list, but I'd like to add that perhaps we should high-priority the premods for army units such as BA3, Gat, Hellbore, etc as those of us with the resources to build an army but not get the strux involved would definitely appreciate as much help as possible.  I'm not necessarily speaking of myself, as those of us who know me know I have a massive strux library myself.

As far as the strux donations go, I'm not sure if there should be any reimbursement, since we'd all benefit more from the strux being in the faction anyway, including the person doing the donation.  That, on its own should be motivation enough for people to put forth what's needed.

As for the SGI, I think I agree with most of everyone else when I say it's not just a piece of crap, but an expensive one. :P

tashi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:37 am »
I think that the best way to go about it. Those mods which are used often can be prioritized first. So i agree with KhanCipher's list.
lets do it people..

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:04 pm »
lol, it seems my knowledge about pvp modding is dictating what being shared first xD
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Ravneel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »
Gyrojet rounds
Hyperbat
Nep
Facenorth
Cluster Missiles

Gyros and cluster mods SHOULD be top priority. Just their respective guns suck but the ammos are important.

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 04:09:05 am »
Gyrogun isnt awful, as a 1.05 adv mod

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 05:05:17 am »
Gyrogun isnt awful, as a 1.05 adv mod

Yeah, CE is its one selling point, and may be the only thing that fits in the Zed limit, especially if the base unit is very high CE (goons and such). Also, since it's the only innately 9 range mod, it can also be used to surprise an enemy with something like a volley of gyroprobes.

I'd rate it medium priority personally... it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below the ammo, and definitely not something I use on any kind of regular basis, but it does have enough of a niche that I wouldn't put it in with the garbage like APM. I'd say put it on the medium list, but towards the end.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 06:53:26 am »
don't forget about the 15% mistarget chance. :P

Hihahahalol

• Semi-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »
also dont forget that people can ammo drop to make up for the ammo,everyone have ammo drop

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 06:37:15 pm »
don't forget to bring a towal!