Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: System Reqs  (Read 8326 times)

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
System Reqs
« on: November 16, 2009, 06:27:39 pm »
Hey all,

I'm thinking of playing Darkfall Online, but its quite expensive for me at the moment, but I have quite a little bit of time free and would love to start playing it.
Heavily clan based game, and is 80% player skill 20% stats. There is no point, click and attack in the game, its all player mouse movements, you direct your swipes and blocks yourself. Full world pvp and all items you have when you die you loose and the full loot goes to the person who killed you.
The gameplay video looks amazing and I've been following the development for the last few years.
I would love to give this game a go and hopefully build up an RA following in it. Would love some of you more experienced gamers here to have a look at it for me first, prefer to join the Europe server but I don't yet know how the system works, if you can join the Europe server from America or not.

System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista.
Processor: 2.5GHz Pentium 4, or equivalent.
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista.
Graphics Card: 128MB PixelShader 2.0 support.
Hard Drive Space: 12GB Free Space Minimum.

What I have:
  Processor Name:           Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:           2 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:                   4 MB
  Memory:                           1 GB
  Bus Speed:                   667 MHz
  128MB ATI Radeon X1600

If there is any more information I haven't put here just tell me and I'll find it, I do have windows installed on here (XP) just need to put in the apple drivers to fix it up which wont take too long. Could somebody please tell me if I meet the requirements? I really don't want to buy it and find I can't play it.

Thanks all!
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: System Reqs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »
the only possable problem is your processer speed,but trerro will know best
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
but its a core 2 duo whatever that means?

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:03:41 am »
A dual core 2.0 is much faster than a single core 2.5, so you're fine.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:58:13 pm »
Yay,

Thanks Trerro, I'll get onto testing the game, and hopefully we can all try this out, as I said before it seems to be WoW sort of prices but not yet heard anything bad about it from players. Just a couple of not great reviews that were done by people that played for under 3hours total game time.

Dex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:53:43 am »
A good site to check if your computer can run games is "Can You Run It"

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

It checks your computer stats compared to the games in its database and tells you how your comp will run it. Also it shows you upgrades for your components and lists different sites and prices