Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Bounty Boards  (Read 9119 times)

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
Bounty Boards
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:44:42 am »
Earlier this year, I pitched the idea of Bounty Boards to Oda and Campitor (current iRO CMs). Bounty Boards are basically what I think the Eden Group quests should've been. The boards are also meant to replace Gramps TIs since Gramps has unwittingly encouraged KSing and overall bad leveling behavior in the iRO community since its inception.

Here's the feedback thread I started in the forums: http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/152853-bounty-boards-feedback/

So far, the reception has been pretty positive. There's only one Bounty Board available at the moment (Juno) so if any of you guys want to test that out on a Level 70+ character, that'd be great. :)

I've already compiled a list of monsters for the other Bounty Boards on page 3 of the thread if you guys want to see what could be in store once the system is expanded. There would be 2 different Bounty Board systems: High Level Bounty Boards (70+) and Low Level Bounty Boards (69 and under).

In addition, I've also pitched the idea of making it so each Bounty Board lists all the monster suggestions, but players can only earn EMBs if they pick 4 or more.

4 monster kills = 1 EMB
5 monster kills = 2 EMBs
6 monster kills = 3 EMBs
Etc.

According to Oda, it would be possible to make it so each Bounty Board would include ALL of the monster suggestions I've compiled for each particular board and have it so players can pick and choose which ones they want to do. However, he said it'll be complicated so expect a few bugs should that get implemented.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:45:44 am by ZeroTigress »
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
Re: Bounty Boards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:04:55 pm »
Recently revamped the Bounty Boards since having only 2 level ranges opens them too much to abuse. Towns will have multiple Bounty Boards for certain level ranges to encourage players to hunt within their level range.

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/152853-bounty-boards-feedback/page-3

Currently, Juno, Payon, Splendide, and El Discastes boards have been implemented. No word on when the next ones will come out. (They still need to revamp the current boards to reflect the new format and level restrictions.)
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!