Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: XFire is currently borked  (Read 11862 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
XFire is currently borked
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:23 am »
Issue is now mostly fixed, only their website is having issues. The client is working fine.

XFire is currently epically borked. From what I gathered:
-Chat rooms are down. All of them.
-You can't log in to the client OR the site.
-If you're already logged in, normal IMing seems to work, but well... don't DC. You won't be back. :P

Their forums are loaded with complaints, so they're definitely aware they hosed their network, but I don't think they have an ETA on repairs.

This means CC does not have its usual chat at this time. If this isn't fixed in the next 24 hours, I'm going to set up a temp room, even if it's a really lame one, to make sure we have *something* we can use.

I'll update this when stuff comes back up or when they seem to at least have an ETA. Please post any info you have to this thread.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:47:51 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
Re: XFire is currently borked
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
so... is this why you can't install RA3? :P
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 02:41:26 am »
I'd need to actually *have* RA3 to install it. :P
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:35:21 pm »
and i thought you of all people here would actually have it >.>
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:03:13 am »
The original RA was one of my favorite games, but after EA ate Westwood, the C&C games just haven't been very good. I haven't actually played RA3, so maybe they finally figured out what they're doing, but...

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:00:26 am »
Trerro, I doubt it. They have put so much advertising into The Sims3 that it is unplayable without negative thoughts. They make me belch. I used to like them when they were young, but now, forget it.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 04:01:30 pm »
imho RA3 is more enjoyable than RA1 (maybe because i can actually complete the campaigns in ra3 than ra1)