Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Just a fun topic to see if everybody remembers when they joined CC  (Read 6680 times)

BHMboss

• Got zombie plan?
    • View Profile
    • BHM Boss' Youtube Channel
I was thinking about it the other day and I remember exactly what I was doing and on what game and everything the day that I joined CC.  I am very glad that I came across such a good group of people(since you don't see that much these days) and thought that a topic about when everybody joined CC would just be a fun way to bring everybody together.

For me, it was about a month ago, I had decided to give TinyWarz (now drop shock) a try and was looking for a faction and Tre and Sonya grabbed me out of chat saying that I could join them and that they had Xfire for chat.  From that day forward, I believe that I have made a ton of new friends that I would go out of my way for in-game and out.  I have joined into multiple other games that CC is involved with since then and have never regretted it.

So now that my story is out there......
What about everybody else?  When did you get with CC and how you meet them?  And anything else that you might want to add about the group of people in it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:49:41 am by BHMboss »
Got Zombie Plan?

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
Re: Just a fun topic to see if everybody remembers when they joined CC
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 12:13:03 pm »
I don't actually post on here much anymore, but I still lurk. I thought this was an interesting topic, so I decided to post.

I was playing Kings of Chaos (still around!) way back in the day (2003-04) and I was going it alone in Age 1, which worked out perfectly, because you could own more weapons than you had soldiers to operate them. Small guys could still take on the top ten. They changed that in Age 2, and I had to find a tribe/clan/group/whatever if I wanted to crack past the top 2,000, where I was comfortably sitting. Clicking links all day wasn't for me (or my dialup) so I just hung around the forums most of the time.

That was nearly eight years ago. CC was known as RA, and had about 5,000 members, maybe 50 of those being active forum-goers. Most of them were fun-loving, quirky guys as you might find on the Internet, with very little of the malice that you might find in 4chan or other bastions of filth. No, RA or CC is a pretty mellow place to be, with quite a few good people hanging out.

Tyred
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous