Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: A title/rank idea  (Read 8448 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
A title/rank idea
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:08:16 am »
Our goal is to run the faction with little to no hierarchy, and to generally give players the freedom to do whatever without asking (so long as they're not slaughtering newbies that aren't pvping, or otherwise being a douche). It makes things a lot more fun for everyone, and also makes us highly adaptive - since *anyone* can lead a fight or toss an idea up, so long as they know what they're doing. This also makes us unpredictable, which is always good in a game like this. In short, positive chaos at its finest.

There are 2 keys for the above to actually work, however, the "not a douche" part and "knows what they're doing" part. We've had significant past issues with people wasting huge amounts of resources (generally because they haven't learned how to play yet), and yes, we get the occasional douchebag that needs das boot.

Hiha suggested having 2 non-titled ranks, and I like that idea, and think we should take it a bit further. What I think we should do is this: add a bottom-tier rank system that ensures we teach the game to everyone, and we get a chance to kick the douchebags before they can do any real damage.

This would work as follows:
1. School of Chaos - This is for people who are either absolute newbies, or who we know absolutely nothing about. They would be granted the ability to invite, but no other fac powers. Generally, members will remain here for only a day or two - long enough for someone to teach them the absolute basics, and to make sure they seem like decent people. This would become the default rank (although many people would be instantly promoted to #2).

2. College of Chaos - This is the "not quite a full member" stage, the ability to see levels and observe would be added. How long a player would remain at this rank would depend on activity, overall impression, level, community reputation, etc, but it would typically be a week or two in most cases. The goal here is to get players beyond newbie status, and to make sure we've caught the asshats.

3. Needstopickatitle - You're now a full member, with invite, base, salvage, see level, and observe rights, and may ask for a custom title. (This is identical to the current default rank.) It is of course possible to earn other fac powers, but you need to pick a title first (which likewise, is identical to this title now.)

0. Boarding Das Boot... - Sometimes we got one of those borderline members, where we aren't sure if we need to kick them. This is a probationary title of sorts - it has NO faction powers, and is basically the final warning before the kick, as well as a warning to the rest of the fac to be careful in dealing with this person.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Valsidor

• View Profile
Re: A title/rank idea
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:01:20 am »
Sounds interesting.

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:44:09 am »
(so long as they're not slaughtering newbies that aren't pvping,

so if i rejoin CC, i can't keel newbs on konu :3
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

tashi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »
Sounds like a plan...i think it'll be great

headesk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »
*nods nods* seems workable! But why school/college...? Make it more interesting and go army style! :3 Well, here's what I had back at Burning Phoenix, we go by ranks from recruit up to Major, then from then separate the roles by names (or divisions).

Titles include Engineer, Striker, Shield, etc. to make people inside the faction know who's good at what (Engineer's good at building, so you probably wanna ask him/know who to go to to build stuff) depending on that person's combat preference.

Just giving you an idea ^^

Hihahahalol

• Semi-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:41 am »
does more than i intended the idea to do,but i always believed that all ranks should include salvage admin even the least authorized ones,to make sure people dont cheat/confuse on splitting salvages. so yes,what i suggest is adding salvage admin to all ranks including the Boarding Das Boot rank,also when someone gets the boarding das boot rank,a message to all fac should be sent saying "null did bla bla bla,thats why he is now with the Boarding das boot rank,be careful when dealing with him"

just my thoughts ^^

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 04:31:18 am »
Support if I don't lose my current rank.

I got so sick when I was in PGF, and now idiots are leading it.

If this faction ever got enough players and resources, I would go against that faction so much.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader