Chaos Cluster

Poll

What should we run?

2.0 Vanilla
2 (40%)
1.8 Inudustrial
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 2.0 Vanilla or 1.8 Industrial  (Read 6363 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
2.0 Vanilla or 1.8 Industrial
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:24:11 pm »
MC is now officially released, but of course, the mods aren't there yet. This gives us 2 options:

-We can upgrade straight to 2.0, losing IndustrialCraft until it updates.

-We can stick with 1.8 (with Industrial) until they release a stable 2.0-compatible version.

Personally, I want to try out all the new enchanting and such, so I'm prefer 2.0 Vanilla for now. Everyone please vote your preference.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Vanilla or 1.8 Industrial
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:07:38 pm »
Personally I'm pro waiting as I imagine it'll only be a few weeks until the mods manage to catch up (assuming we just want to use IC basic rather than the extra ones we were discussing).

That way we wouldn't have the problem of all the areas we'd previously explored not having the IC ores in.

Of course I've barely played minecraft for the past month or so, so its not as hard for me to resist playing for another couple of weeks :P If the people who've been playing on a more regular basis wanna go ahead with the new world thats fine by me too. If the plan is for us to carry over resources just give me a heads up before the world goes kaput so I can do an inventory of what I've got.
=||=

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:51 am »
I'd personally prefer to remain as we are, however I will state this now: I'll do whatever I can with editors to transfer anyone's creations over onto a new world should we chose to make a new world.  I still stand by upgraded to IC2 1.23 and getting minimum the quantum and solar fixes.

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 04:19:41 pm »
Minecraft 1.8 IC for me. I've got too much to lose, and, if we wait until the new 1.0 IC comes out, and make a new world, we can find all the new ores in the first chunk!
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »
I would suggest possibly restarting (if anything using the same seed and moving our creations over to exactly where they are) when we get up to the new MC and IC2 gets updated to it because I do believe that there will be new ores and stuff in the ground at that point.  Alternatively, I can op in a rather long minetrack in the nether to take us out to a far away land when the time comes.  I stand by IC2 1.23 and MC 1.8.1 until that time though.