Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: I'm Pregnant!  (Read 19033 times)

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
I'm Pregnant!
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:13 am »
Well, I'm not, but "we" are.

Expecting a boy in February.

Tyred's gonna be a daddy  :o.
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Pregnant!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »
Congrats :)

Edit - shotgun naming rights :D
=||=

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:15:51 pm »
The name has already been chosen. Had it been a girl, that would have been a different story.

Sorry, GPH. What would you have called him?
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
Archibald Theobald 'The Haskins' Rogers

...obviously  ::)
=||=

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:27:20 pm »
congrats!

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:56:31 pm »
you want your kid to be rich right? who doesnt, he needs a rich person name

Sir Rutherford Pennysworth the Third.

put your kid on the fast track to success with a name like that :)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 09:37:32 pm »
Congrats!

Congrats on the success of the genetics experiment if it really is you that's pregnant too! :P
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
Good naming suggestions so far, but as I said, the name has already been chosen.

So as to not incite blasphemy against him at such a young age, I will only divulge his middle name:

You know that cheesy pickup line that goes something along the lines of: "Trouble's my middle name?" Well, our kid's actually will be.

Tyred

P.S. - Before you can say "You could also use 'Danger is my middle name'", we already thought of that, and we have a name in mind if we ever have a second boy :P.

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 06:33:04 pm »
I now have the overwhelming urge to have a child simply so that I can give them 'Ismymiddlename' as their middle name :P

Or maybe 'Andmymiddlenameis' :D
=||=

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »
I now have the overwhelming urge to have a child simply so that I can give them 'Ismymiddlename' as their middle name :P

Or maybe 'Andmymiddlenameis' :D

In the case of your child, it'd be "andyaccidentshappenpurplehamster" :p

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:43 pm »
Super belated CONGRATS!

And having Trouble actually be the middle name is a nice move.

I'll even bust out an old pic to honor the name

Cztram

• Semi-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 11:04:38 pm »
Woo I've missed out on a lot... but congrats sir! That is awesome!

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:06 am »
Wow its been a long time since I've been on here, that is amazing news, and its not too far away too.

On name choices, I read about an experiment a man did on his two children to see if your name really can affect how well your life turns out, so he named one son "Winner" and one "Loser"

Funnily enough, the son named Loser had a far better life and worked hard and got his rewards: Winner, however, turned to drugs and had a terrible life. Wish I could remember the man's name now...

So I hope that having Trouble as a middle name keeps him out of it as much as Loser didn't lose in life :)
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »
Update:

Well, pilz, you were a little too late on your congrats. Our little boy came into the world before you posted.

Yes, everything is fine, but he is about ten weeks early, so things are a little touch-and-go.

So, Tyred is officially a daddy.

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:45 pm »
Update:

Well, pilz, you were a little too late on your congrats. Our little boy came into the world before you posted.

Yes, everything is fine, but he is about ten weeks early, so things are a little touch-and-go.

So, Tyred is officially a daddy.

Update on the name please :p