Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: who would be interested in some roleplaying?  (Read 9776 times)

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
who would be interested in some roleplaying?
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
if i were to start one, who would be interested in being in my little roleplaying group.

atm, i'm debating if it'll be based in DS or battletech (although i know a lot more about Btech than DS backstory wise, and i have a actual character system for Btech too :P). but, i'd like to know your opinions, and if you'd be interested.
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: who would be interested in some roleplaying?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:15 am »
I do loves me some roleplaying.

Having said that I have no idea what you mean by DS and I've never heard of BattleTech before! So you're gonna have to clarify what exactly you're intending to be doing before I sign myself up unreservedly :P
=||=

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:28 am »
Having said that I have no idea what you mean by DS and I've never heard of BattleTech before! So you're gonna have to clarify what exactly you're intending to be doing before I sign myself up unreservedly :P

DS = TinyWarz/DropShock :P

now Btech is, well, it's a way more advanced and complex verson of DS in a way. This is an entire wiki for the game, and you'd be surprised on how much backstory there is for it :P
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
Sounds fun. :)
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

SirGalahad

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 10:46:07 pm »
I would do dropshock. more interested in the character part of the role playing Sir Galahad the Chaste is. mehh, hehh, schabop, haha, ha, ha. *grumbles character assasination*

SirGalahad

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:14 pm »
*Khan lands on Seti-Alpha 5* *finds Kirk and the others along with Sir Galahad have betrayed him to this marooned desert planet* "Dahhhh, Kirk!!! You'll pay for this!!!! Dahhh.."

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:27:03 am »
so, dropshock it is... good thing i have some characters (for me... and 1 for trerro, maybe :P) all ready to go for it.

*puts on GM hat*
alright, let's get down to character creating... oh my, i'm gonna have to come up with a creation system for this.

ok, i'm going to ask those that are interested in doing this come up with a character name (like for trerro, his character could be named Thorton "Trerro" Terragrad. Or my characters are named Marcus "Cipher" Naranek, and Ashlynn "LightHeart" Synclair), and a quick description that makes sense in the DropShock universe.

SirGalahad

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:57 am »
Sir Galahad The Chaste - work?
Sir Galahad with the chased probe found its base of prowlers ready to engage the enemy waiting on Commander's order.

KhanCipher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 02:59:46 am »
Sir Galahad The Chaste - work?
Sir Galahad with the chased probe found its base of prowlers ready to engage the enemy waiting on Commander's order.

what i meant is... well i need some actual backrounds so i can figure up a good starting point nvm i have a good starting point already. :P

Also, i've thought a bit on your name, and your character, which i think you might like.... and i think where i'm going to start is a little bit after this.

Samuel "Knight" Galahad
Merits: MM/QR/BZ

Quirks:
-30% to-hit when attacking any target at a range of 6 or more
+10% to-hit when attacking any target at a range of 3 or less

Description:
Raised in a family that claims to be descendants of "Sir Galahad of the Round Table" from the old medieval years of Terra. Although it's been called a long shot by most people, but it hasn't stopped them from trying to find proof that it's true. He has been taught to live under the code of Knighthood, and to live for pride.

His skills as a meka pilot are that of a veteran, but because of his training as a knight he has always had problems with engaging targets that are at a 600m or greater range. This however hasn't stopped him from becoming a meka pilot like his father, and his grandfather before him.

He is now serving under Marcus' command of the now shattered "21st Searing Strikers" of Searing Shadows.

SirGalahad

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »
That role should work.

I suggest a sub-chapter chapter that involves a personal account of one of the men, i was a new guy, possibly not me, but possibly, the account is a first person from their point of view, like the dream sequence of the first chapter. the first person role from their point of view opens up character info mainly on them, main background info on how the wars were starting like hundreds of years or later or earlier ago.