Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: How should we advance?  (Read 6995 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
How should we advance?
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:36:09 pm »
Note: This is copypasta from the in-game faction letter I sent out. If you already read that, you've already read this. There is zero new information in this post.

After a very successful long-term campaign on Hell and Zed, with a bit of Dom on the side, we have crossed the 200k mark. We're now well into the top 10, and continuing to move up. :) Thanks to everyone that helped get us there, thanks to everyone who's still helping, and thanks in advance to anyone planning on joining the advancement effort.

Additionally, we now have every possible faction level with the exception of the Shield Generator Improved. The general faction consensus appears to be that this building is either:
A. A useless piece of crap
-or-
B. A building with a very tiny niche, with that niche shrunk to insignificance by the insane power and CE cost of deploying the damn thing.

What this means is that it's time to start building up an extensive shared strux library. I've made a strux plan in this thread:
http://forums.chaoscluster.com/index.php?topic=284.0

I'm looking for feedback on the following:
1. Does everyone agree that the SGI should be delayed until much later? If not, please describe what value you see in having access to it now.

2. Is everyone ok with the order of strux gaining I've listed in that thread? If not, post what you would change. (Please keep in mind that units are MUCH harder to acquire than mods due to both the larger premod lists and the much higher number of the actual strux required.)

3. Since this is going to take both a LOT of FP and a LOT of TB, it's critical that we prioritize what we're taking when. We're looking for suggestions on high and medium priority mod strux, and high priority unit and building strux, with explanations on why you recommend those over the others.

The decisions made on this matter will have a very large impact on the shape of our growth for at least several months, and we absolutely *will* be reading and accounting for everyone's feedback, so if you have opinions on this matter, now is definitely the time to present them. :)

The planned timeline for this is:
August 23rd: We're going to finalize our decision on the SGI and the order (in terms of priority levels and types) that we're going to be taking the strux in. Assuming "get all simple mods" remains step 1, we will begin to do so at this time.

August 30th: We're going to finalize our exact strux order for next roughly 200k FP. We will then begin the long term effort of actually getting all of these strux. When we're close to done (~20k FP to go on the list), we will repeat this process for what to get from here.

Of course, the game changes, we'll all want the list tweaked, and we'll react accordingly. These are going to be tweaks rather than a completely rewrite however, so for the most part, what lands on our final list is what we're aiming for, in that order.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
Re: How should we advance?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:48 pm »
Additionally, we now have every possible faction level with the exception of the Shield Generator Improved. The general faction consensus appears to be that this building is either:
A. A useless piece of crap
-or-
B. A building with a very tiny niche, with that niche shrunk to insignificance by the insane power and CE cost of deploying the damn thing.

imo, i'd rather just triple heavy phase a small shield gen over the improved. Heck, i'd rather use a few aegis than use any shield gen.

so yes, it's a useless piece of crap
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Ravneel

• View Profile
Re: How should we advance?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:12:49 am »
Shield Gen sucks. I'll shoot anyone who drops this on a base I've got to defend.

Strux we go simples, then we get inters and perhaps during this time we get the advanced strux that are very important. However, strux like gyrojet rounds and cluster missiles should be prioritised.

Units I'd say we should get stuff that helps the new guys like beasts before moving to full scale army units like BAII and such. LFs might also be a good idea due to their high popularity right now.