Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Contest  (Read 6410 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Contest
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »
Clicky

We can do this :P Of course its on the main page of the wiki so so will 12 trillion other people. But still! :P

Edit - I'll edit this post as people add answers

Q01: Although the tutorial will not thank you for it, this lost item has been bugged back into the game.

Q02: Need a little therapy? Why not go hunting? You'll need to RSVP first, though.

Q03: The perfect memorabilia, as long as you don't have arms, and maybe a napkin.

Q04: If you believe as the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal does, then this item will help you immensely.
Makeshift turban (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Makeshift_turban)

Q05: If you go down this road of ill repute, you'll be drunk before you know it.

Q06: The perfect troll attack, at least for those who are ill-informed.

Q07: Is it fake, or are the contents fake? You'll have to open it to find out.
Fake fake vomit (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Fake_fake_vomit)

Q08: Though it doesn't shoot grenades, it's still incredibly over-powered.

Q09: You feel charged up! Now that you're cooled down, you can turn an owl into a super lame toy... yay..
Something to do with zapping a pottery yo-yo into a pottery barn owl? Not sure

Q10: You're a fool if you didn't buy this fleeting familiar when you had the chance...
Emo roe (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Emo_roe)

Q11: On June 14, 2006 this item was renamed to oil of expertise and had its recipe changed.
Equilibrium juice (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Equilibrium_juice)

Q12: What 2004 revamp was rejected?

Q13: On what date did an extreme NPC die, and what was his/her last known whereabouts?

Q14: There is a way to perform mild co-operation with a friend in-combat. How? (or, What item could one use to actively and directly assist a new player during their first Naughty Sorceress battle?)

Q15: How can one increase their AT buff cast duration in a Bad Moon lead-in Hardcore ascension?
Platinum Yedorian Express Card? (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Platinum_Yendorian_Express_Card)
I wasn't aware anything else could do this though so?

Q16: What questionably contains cat?

Q17: This familiar played an important role in obtaining some special and malleable meat.

Q18: This player defeated two big meanies in his old age.

Q19: This familiar used to age horribly.

Q20: What's the name of the benign meteorological curiosity which turned out to be a harbinger of everyone's "favorite" quest?

Q21: This skill is e-peen for the old. Now get off their lawn!

Q22: This bird may further your mystical ambitions, but its feathers won't.

Q23: It's surprisingly easy for owls to do this, but it's impossible for parrots.

Q24: Before Hodgman and the burial ground, hobos used this to talk to their ancestors.

Q25: These circular wonders were once thought useless, but were later skilfully implemented.
Strange shiny disc (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Strange_shiny_disc)

Q26: The first person to party with this drunken spirit woke up in the morning with a new tattoo.
Seventh (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Emblem_of_Ak%27gyxoth)

Q27: The naughty sorceress was ominously found in this area before the biggest change the game has ever experienced.
Grim grimacite site (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Grim_grimacite_site)

Q28: Although this trophy is more difficult to obtain than it once was, the trophy maker doesn't know that.

Q29: Barry and Buck are in a fight to the death. Who wins and why?

Q30: This melee weapon is adventurers!

Q31: This weapon's name can't be shortened in chat.

Q32: This food item was used in a quest some years ago. It was always inedible, but it's even worse now that it has aged.

Q33: You will have to wait weeks and weeks to get this item, but once you have it your life will be complete.

Q34: This hat protects you from the wrong element. Silly Jick.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:12:13 pm by GPH »
=||=

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
Re: Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »
I should know more of these than I do, but to get us started:

Q07: Fake fake fake vomit
Q09: Zapping any kind of yo-yo into an owl
Q10: Emo roe (April Fool's Day familiar)
Q16: Taco Cat?
Q21: Whatever that old SC skill was: Lunging Thrust-Smack?
Q26: The dude who discovered Ag'kothyx (or whatever the hell that fruity-drink demon's name is)
Q27: Meteor crash site

The others I would have to take a crack at the wiki...
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »
Was there any logic behind taco cat other than it contains cat and lunging thrust smack other than that its a popular skill?

Nicely done on the emo roe, I'd never have got that <_<
=||=

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:19 am »
My bad: it was Thrust-Smack, an obsoleted SC skill, not LTS.
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:51:25 pm »
I'm rubbish :P But for anyone interested:

BEHOLD, THE ANSWERS

Q01: Although the tutorial will not thank you for it, this lost item has been bugged back into the game.
A01: oriole-feather headdress

Q02: Need a little therapy? Why not go hunting? You'll need to RSVP first, though.
A02: Violet Hunt Invitation

Q03: The perfect memorabilia, as long as you don't have arms, and maybe a napkin.
A03: slime convention t-shirt

Q04: If you believe as the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal does, then this item will help you immensely.
A04: black eyedrops

Q05: If you go down this road of ill repute, you'll be drunk before you know it.
A05: St. Sneaky Pete (The St. stands for Street, not Saint!)

Q06: The perfect troll attack, at least for those who are ill-informed.
A06: foam dart

Q07: Is it fake, or are the contents fake? You'll have to open it to find out.
A07: imitation crab crate

Q08: Though it doesn't shoot grenades, it's still incredibly over-powered.
A08: C.B.F.G.

Q09: You feel charged up! Now that you're cooled down, you can turn an owl into a super lame toy... yay..
A09: Platinum Yendorian Express Card

Q10: You're a fool if you didn't buy this fleeting familiar when you had the chance...
A10: Emo Roe

Q11: On June 14, 2006 this item was renamed to oil of expertise and had its recipe changed.
A11: Equilibrium Juice

Q12: What 2004 revamp was rejected?
A12: Food and booze revamp. ("I've made some changes to the way food and booze work. See my post in the forums for details. In other news, Tuesday is here -- did you bring your coat?")

Q13: On what date did an extreme NPC die, and what was his/her last known whereabouts?
A13: January 23rd, 2007 and the Haiku Dungeon. The NPC was Fernswarthy, previously featured in the adventure "Haiku Dungeon in the Summer (Xtreme Mage)".

Q14: There is a way to perform mild co-operation with a friend in-combat. How? (or, What item could one use to actively and directly assist a new player during their first Naughty Sorceress battle?)
A14: Use disintegrating sheet music on a player presently in combat.

Q15: How can one increase their AT buff cast duration in a Bad Moon lead-in Hardcore ascension?
A15: calavera concertina or opera mask

Q16: What questionably contains cat?
A16: Questionable taco. Drops a lovecat tail upon consumption.

Q17: This familiar played an important role in obtaining some special and malleable meat.
A17: Evil Teddy Bear -- Cobain Dougans was the first person ever to defeat this form without using the Wand of Nagamar. He accomplished this feat as a level 116 Pastamancer with a high experience Evil Teddy Bear as his familiar. He was awarded the golden sausage custom item.

Q18: This player defeated two big meanies in his old age.
A18: Cobain Dougans defeated the Naughty Sorceress as well as the Guy Made of Bees using non-traditional (not with a wand, hand mirror) methods.

Q19: This familiar used to age horribly.
A19: Cheshire Bat. Its image upon entering your terrarium was very unpopular, and so was changed to the same image as its hatchling.

Q20: What's the name of the benign meteorological curiosity which turned out to be a harbinger of everyone's "favorite" quest?
A20: A storm cloud called "Nothing To Worry About". Used by the NS to steal Grimacite and become two levels stronger, thus bringing on the advent of NS13 (and the MacGuffin quest).

Q21: This skill is e-peen for the old. Now get off their lawn!
A21: Lunge-Smack

Q22: This bird may further your mystical ambitions, but its feathers won't.
A22: Vampire Duck; it drops vampire glitter for a Pasta Guardian, but the frightful feather is the only feather you can't use to make a chefstaff

Q23: It's surprisingly easy for owls to do this, but it's impossible for parrots.
A23: Hide and Seek at the Cake-Shaped Arena, at which snowy owls are strong and exotic parrots are very weak

Q24: Before Hodgman and the burial ground, hobos used this to talk to their ancestors.
A24: weegee squoija

Q25: These circular wonders were once thought useless, but were later skilfully implemented.
A25: strange shiny disc

Q26: The first person to party with this drunken spirit woke up in the morning with a new tattoo.
A26: Ak'gyxoth

Q27: The naughty sorceress was ominously found in this area before the biggest change the game has ever experienced.
A27: The Grim Grimacite Site

Q28: Although this trophy is more difficult to obtain than it once was, the trophy maker doesn't know that.
A28: Slice and Dice

Q29: Barry and Buck are in a fight to the death. Who wins and why?
A29: Buck and Barry are the first names of the Alice's Army Horseman and Wallman. If they were to be played against each other, the horseman would win, so the correct answer is Buck.

Q30: This melee weapon is adventurers!
A30: soylent staff

Q31: This weapon's name can't be shortened in chat.
A31: yohohoyo. You can't say yoho in chat.

Q32: This food item was used in a quest some years ago. It was always inedible, but it's even worse now that it has aged.
A32: spooky frank. Part of the Save Uncle Crimbo quest, appeared before food quality was included in the description; now listed as 'crappy.'

Q33: You will have to wait weeks and weeks to get this item, but once you have it your life will be complete.
A33: propeller beanie

Q34: This hat protects you from the wrong element. Silly Jick.
A34: raspberry beret
=||=