Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: The Future of the Guild - everyone please read this  (Read 8137 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
The Future of the Guild - everyone please read this
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:02 pm »
For those who haven't heard, Gravity is currently busy shooting themselves in the fo opening a new server.

This is going to give us 2 premium servers that both have less population than Ymir does currently.

This forces us to choose what server to play on. Both have their plusses, but each also has one enormous drawback.

Ymir - We keep all of our stuff, keep all of our characters, get to immediately try 3rd jobs, etc. We're also on an abandoned server that will likely never get new players again, playing with vets in an economy where if your zeny isn't in the billions, forget it, and generally dealing with a populace that stopped playing the game for fun years ago.

Ygg - We get a massive recruiting opportunity as new players flood into the new server, we get a fresh start, and we're no longer competing with players who have done 5 straight years of grinding. We get a community that actually wants to play the game, and who knows, may even quest and BG. However... WE. LOSE. EVERYTHING. They will likely eventually allow us to move our stuff, but it'll be months before it happens.

Personally, in spite of having a 99 and a 98 trans, a metric crapton of unused KP items, and years of hoarded items, I'm leaning towards Ygg. I'm pretty sure Ymir is going to be like Iris - except with a handful of annoying vets instead of a handful of casual players. I'm also pretty sure that we'll *eventually* be able to recover most of our Ymir stuff if we move.

There's really no easy answer here, but we need to make a decision as a guild. Everyone please post your thoughts on this, so we know what we're doing before Ygg opens for real.

Edit: There IS another possibility I've thought of. We can start up on Ygg, give Lomaz lead on Ymir, and then gradually move people over once that's possible. This will still be a MASSIVE pain in the ass, but it should be a bit more workable than getting trapped on one server or the other.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:28:38 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of the Guild - everyone please read this
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:48:32 am »
That seems the most logical course of action at this time, i have no problem putting my sinx into leader position temporarily while the world gets cut in half, that way anyone else wishing to wait tel an xfer is allowed, they can still stay with me and such, the whole thing is distasteful to me tho, GM's really know how to scare people away.

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:18 pm »
I'm more likely to stay on Ymir considering my lack of income to transfer.

Personally, I think a LOT of veteran players are going to move over to Yggdrasil, leaving Ymir as basically a newbie haven. Newbies would want to go where there is less well-established players and that will be Ymir. Ideally, it'd be great if all the WoE-based guilds move over to Yggdrasil and leave Ymir to the non-WoE guilds, which is more likely to happen given the situation. However, there's already plenty of people at endgame on both Ymir and Yggdrasil so I don't know if it's possible for newbies to play on a server where they don't have to compete with a lot of veteran players.

I still think Gravity should make it so Yggdrasil is a PVP server while Ymir remains a PVM server to give more solid variety in server choices. Making 2 servers exactly the same doesn't do much for the population nor the newbies deciding which server to play on. Yggdrasil is essentially Iris reborn.
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:58:22 am »
sorry, how is there already people at endgame on a 3 day old server...? o_0

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:49:18 am »
sorry, how is there already people at endgame on a 3 day old server...? o_0
High rates for testing.
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:31 am »
I would assume that anyone currently playing on ygg for beta testing will have there account reset to level 1 prior to a full start rather then letting the people play at a stupidly high xp rate for a few days and max out and handicap the rest of the server.   I have quite a bit in stuff,how ever i can get it all back :P with the new server the seal will be being run non stop to get the godly item's,we have a better chance of recruiting new players and we can fix are classes to meet the 3rd job needs with out the need of a stat reset.     

Id say we head for ygg,if nothing else atleast it will be a bit before the economy is broke so bad that you cant afford anything   
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46