Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Email I received on the crashes  (Read 6584 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Email I received on the crashes
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:33:29 pm »
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 1:09 PM (2 hours 8 minutes ago)

Your Linode, Chaos_Creeper, has exceeded the notification threshold (1000) for disk io rate by averaging 1531.03 for the last 2 hours. The dashboard for this Linode is located at: <https://manager.linode.com/linodes/dashboard/Chaos_Creeper>

This is an automated message, please do not respond to this email.  If you have questions, please open a support ticket.

You can view or change your alert thresholds under the "Settings" tab of the Linode Manager.

This is not meant as a warning or a representation that you are misusing your resources.  We encourage you to modify the thresholds based on your own individual needs.

Note the timestamp. What were people doing in that 2 hour window?
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Email I received on the crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:46 pm »
Not sure really. I've been mining/building a new base. Bullseye and Sonya were on for part of that time as well I think.

No idea what they were up to (other than getting repeatedly kicked for moving too fast due to the quantum armour in bullseyes case :P)
=||=

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:05:26 pm »
It never crashes except when Bullseye is on, no one else is wearing quantum armor, and it only lags when he runs around with it.

Looks like we found our problem.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »
I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure its crashed when bullseye hasn't been on and I'm not sure how long he's had the armour but I think it was crashing before that.

On the other hand if the armour is just going to get you repeatedly kicked all the time bullseye, you should probably stop using it anyway and we'll see if the server crashes do stop :P
=||=

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »
If not using the quantum doesn't stop the crashes, I'll go up and disable the entire solar array to see if that makes a difference.  I know some people were suffering minor lag whenever the thing is fully active and in the daylight.

As for the two hour window, I think I was on at that time, Bullseye has been using his quantum just about every chance he gets (and gets kicked for 'hacking' because of the speed more often than not), I spent some time running the reactor on incinerate while going for power (it's still setup, just turned off by redstone), and I've had my panels on about 75% instead of 50% lately (150 panels out of 200)

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »
Every time I seem to drop the quantom as a item, the server crashes. Like what happens when I die.

I've tossed it in the lava, see if that helps.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader