Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Got a browser game?  (Read 20027 times)

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
Re: Got a browser game?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 11:57:16 pm »
I know its not out yet, but there have been very few press releases about a new game that Jagex is releasing. As they are the creators of runescape I know you are all thinking I should just shut up now and stop before I waste your time but I'll carry on anyway.

They are meant to be releasing a new game they will be calling MechScape (bad start already I know) The tiny part of genuine news about this game was in an interview with one of the developers and he said that it is going to be using the same technology that they are using on RS so it will be purely browser based too. He also said (as you might have guessed) it will have a science fiction theme. Most importantly that he said was that it will be more complex, and targeted at the older generation of players.

It is expected to be released in Q1 of 2010. I know this is still a while away, just worth keeping an eye out for it if you can, I'll be back in Africa by that time so I will not be able to remind you guys.

Tomorrow I'll make a post about another game that fits all your reqs for a guild game, yet it is not browser and not f2p sadly... no cash shop though and extremely heavily clan based gameplay. just check it out now before I post if you like (quite pricey though for now no way to soften that blow, unless you are a WoW player)
http://www.darkfallonline.com/index.html

Much Loby  :-*

Edit: One more thing! The Europe Server came out first, by about 5-6 months, so maybe things are better established on that one. I got no Idea how it works if people from the USA can join the Europe server or not. Personally I would prefer to join the Europe one if/when my computer returns from the factory... - purely because of my experience with young american players, I know theres immature annoying players all over, I've just experienced most are from america (maybe those are just the ones I understand) but the thought of being in a server that is only Americans just fills me with dread!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:04:55 am by pilz »
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 06:48:40 am »
Okie, let us know about the non-RS one. :P

Also, you may want to give RO a shot - we restarted our guild in that.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 06:48:45 pm »
I'm gonna jump into Atlantica just for a few days to hmour Shac, hes been pestering me to jump back on, all I have on Flisk is the level 80 gear I bought the day I flew to South Africa back in January and the 400mil or so I made with machine "back in the day"
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »
I think I have around 1.5 billion gold in Atlantica... and that's chump change. They seriously farked the economy that badly.

If you want +0 phoenix gear on all characters, it costs roughly 0.25 TRILLION gold, and the end game monsters pretty much assume you're you're in +3-5 phoenix. If you're not willing to spend thousands in the cash shop, you aren't ever going to have functional characters end game.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
I've been told some good things about a game called "Mabinogi".  It requires a client download, but other than that its a free game.  I think donating might get you specials items, but don't give any real advantage (You know the items that are rare and the such that have unique skins and appearances but are identical in stats to other game items.  Basically I've heard they are items that just show off that you are rich/donated)  I haven't had time to play it, but it seems like it might be fun.  I'll give it a definite try this weekend.  Anyways just thought it would be cool to have more options in games.  Cheers.
Needs a better Sig.

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:41 am »
One of my RL friends played Mabinogi for a while, and said that much in Atlantica, be prepared to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars if you want to get anywhere in the game, ever.

The graphical stuff may purely be a look cool thing, but they have a rebirth system, and you have to use to actually get stats that matter. Using something like a $20 item, you can get stats every few days, or you can do it naturally... every few MONTHS. Additionally, you have to keep paying for stuff like inventory expansion, and yes, it will lock your items out, including blocking you from finishing quests if you don't pay to reopen the slots.

I haven't personally tried it, so he may have just not given it a full chance... but to say the least, that doesn't sound good.

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 09:55:17 pm »
Thanks for the info.  The official pages were quite misleading.  I don't even think its worth looking into.  I was almost thinking to myself that it was too good of a game, one that actually doesn't require you to spend loads of money to advance in the game, but once again it falls into that category. 
Needs a better Sig.

Ice-master

• Concordia res parvae crescunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 11:57:12 am »
I'm currently playing Torn (City),
it's a game based on a modern city full of criminals.
There is an abbility to create factions to work together.
I know it's not really in the 'style' of the games we (used to) play here,
but I find it worth playing.
If anyone would want to try: http://www.torn.com/register.php?XID=305921

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 04:28:32 am »
Hmmm, might be worth checking out. If nothing else, it definitely looks like it's not just a clone of something.

Ice-master

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 04:06:33 pm »
Hmmm, might be worth checking out. If nothing else, it definitely looks like it's not just a clone of something.

There are a lot of similar games, but as far as I know they all cloned from this one..

erick99

• Ubernewbieâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 10:09:57 pm »
Let me know if this goes as thread necromancy, but I would like to recommend ogame.org. It would be almost impossible to start an effective alliance unless you join a new universe. If anyone cares to give it a try I have a decent alliance set up in U10, and I can also be found in U35.

"OGame is a strategy-game set in space. Thousands of players across the world compete at the same time. In order to play you only need a web browser."
                       If you visit the homepage, click on "about OGame to get more info.

The OGame forum can be accessed by clicking the "Board" tab.

Not sure if anyone will want to play, but if y'all want a CC alliance, i recommend that you join a new universe.

EDIT: The game maker is Game Forge, and there is a drop down to access their other games.

EDIT: I have stared a CC alliance in universe 10. If anyone wants to join, send an in-game application. Universe 10 is pretty empty, so it would be a good place to get a feel for the game.

~erick99
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:12:42 am by erick99 »

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 03:26:22 am »
Hmm, I've heard of that one, but never tried it. I'll take a look in a few days.

Ice-master

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:58 am »
I'm playing this game for quite a while now. I think it's fun, and looking at how many copies are made of it I think it's a good game to.
http://www.torn.com/305921
Just try it out for a few days to find out all the things you can do..
and if you join send me an ingame mail, I'll help you get started then.