Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: New Server: Freyja  (Read 4908 times)

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
New Server: Freyja
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:31:35 pm »
So right after transferring seaRO2 accounts to iRO2, the iRO2 team decided that another server was needed.  :-\

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/162552-freyja-server/

Odin server isn't even halfway full, so I don't know why they feel the need to open a brand new server when Odin's population isn't all that bad.

On top of that, they wiped everyone's event items from their Temp Storage because of the new server.

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/162623-clear-out-your-gift-storage/

I honestly don't know what's going through their minds. It's like they're trying to kill off the rest of the playerbase or something. If they didn't want to host iRO2, then they should've just told GRAVITY instead of opening the server for the purpose of destroying whatever playerbase gets established.
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

Talvis

• View Profile
Re: New Server: Freyja
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:57:01 pm »
WP has a history of making unnecessary new servers.  When I heard about the new server I was surprised.  I haven't played in ages, but I logged it to take care of the event storage stuff and I noticed the channels weren't remotely full, not even channel 1.  I don't even think the community was calling for a new server.
Usually mmos make new servers when there is a growing population and the servers can't handle the influx.  Gravity, on the other hand, makes servers for stupid reasons like a small group of people wanting a "fresh start" hence part of the reason Ygg was made.  Gravity isn't logical.

inuko23

• Semi-Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: New Server: Freyja
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:48:39 am »
Telling us only a few days beforehand to clear out the temp storage was stupid. They didn't even specify all the items that they were going to remove for us to know what to keep or what to leave in there. Saying "oh we're gonna take out some things like this, etc" wasn't really helpful.

They didn't even wipe most of the stuff that was in my temp storage, so I could've just left some of the stuff I got in the past like event costumes in there instead of wasting bag space on my characters -_-. I had a feeling they would screw us over later on when they were like "oh don't worry about leaving stuff in the event storage. it has unlimited space" in the past. Not to mention that even people with maxed out storage and the cash shop bags still wouldn't have enough space to take out all the items they've saved up in there if they've been keeping items since the server first opened.

Both servers now only have 9 channels and I still haven't seen even one of the channels be full.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:58:45 am by inuko23 »