Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: City of Steam  (Read 5262 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
City of Steam
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:17:30 am »
It's a free steampunk MMO by the people who did Wartune. It's in very early release, so still buggy in places, but there's a good amount of stuff to do, it's built in such a way that's its playable whether you have a little or a lot of time, and it's overall pretty well-made. There's a solid story, plenty of both pvm and pvp content, and a decent amount of character customization (stat tweaking mainly). They also seem to have learned from WT's mistakes, keeping most of the good and improving on it, while eliminating or at least mitigating most of the bad. This is also a realtime MMO, so plays more like an actual MMO, and less like a browser game with minor MMO elements.

If you're willing to give it a try, now's a good time, as they're giving out a bunch of stuff to people who try it in the first month, and of course, the sooner we get a CC group active, the easier it'll be to recruit. :)

We're on Server 2 via Steam. Also of note, though it's a 3D MMO, the client is tiny because it uses some fancy load as you go thingie. This makes it both really easy to get started, and more friendly to people on limited bandwidth ISPs than MMOs generally tend to be.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266070/ - Here's the download link and such.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin