Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Hyperlinks do not underline  (Read 9340 times)

oarsof6

• View Profile
Hyperlinks do not underline
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:22:42 pm »
When posting a hyperlink to a URL, the link does not underline, and the text does not change colors, like a hyperlink should.

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Hyperlinks do not underline
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:13:59 pm »
When posting a hyperlink to a URL, the link does not underline, and the text does not change colors, like a hyperlink should.

This is just how they did the forum skin - you can change the default rules of HTML in a CSS file. The links actually DO change color, albeit from grey to black, so if you have an LCD that doesn't do shades of grey well, it may not be noticeable.

I agree the no underline thing is bad, so I'm going to change that right after I post this. If people are still having trouble telling what's a link and what isn't, I'll also make links red or blue.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

oarsof6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:37:54 pm »

This is just how they did the forum skin - you can change the default rules of HTML in a CSS file. The links actually DO change color, albeit from grey to black, so if you have an LCD that doesn't do shades of grey well, it may not be noticeable.

I agree the no underline thing is bad, so I'm going to change that right after I post this. If people are still having trouble telling what's a link and what isn't, I'll also make links red or blue.
Great, looks like it's working now. The color blue is pretty standard, and would help differentiate links from standard underlined text.

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »

Great, looks like it's working now. The color blue is pretty standard, and would help differentiate links from standard underlined text.
Yea, blue is good.  Maybe dark blue for readability purposes, but blue is nice.

oarsof6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 07:21:28 pm »

Yea, blue is good.  Maybe dark blue for readability purposes, but blue is nice.
On a different note, quotes in quotes get exponentially smaller... any way to fix this so they are readable?