Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Nether raid  (Read 7522 times)

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Nether raid
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:22 am »
Okay, I have tried to suggest it several times on the chat but can never manage to get one going, so I'm posting here that on Friday afternoon/evening/night I am going to go into the nether, setup a cobblestone shelter around the portal instead of a dirt one, then begin the hunt for a nether fortress at the same time as attempt to force-link some portals instead of all leading to one.  If I can get any support that needs a different time, I'll change the time, otherwise I'll just have to go on my own.  Been putting it off for a while now in hopes of going in with some kind of support.

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Nether raid
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:33 am »
I didn't join on the first try for lack of iron and gear, but that's been long fixed, so I'm definitely up for it whenever.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »
Good luck, i've searched most of around the portal (and stolen the glowstone) with no luck, if anyone needs food, there is a massive melon farm ontop of my house for anyone to grab. happy hunting

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:57:12 pm »
Okay, the biggest thing it seems is needed is enough obsidian to make new exits once the olds ones get lost.  I took a dive in on my SSP world and, well, iron armor and sword is sufficient to deal with the problems there, and that was without any enchantments.  My main problem was getting back to the overworld without knowing where the portal was and forgetting to drop any markers on the 'surface' once I'd crawled out of the caves.  I'd say a nether run is very doable as long as we don't go to any ledges, since ghasts don't make any shooty noises in SMP. :(