Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Games Forums - What needs to be added and dumped?  (Read 9421 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Games Forums - What needs to be added and dumped?
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:59 am »
I'm planning on updating the specific game forums, dumping dead ones into a single archive forum where they don't waste space on the forum index, and adding in the games we play that should have forums and don't.

To the best of my knowledge, the current status of existing games is:
KoL - Active. (If the post count seems low, keep in mind that 80% of KoL is solo)
KoB - Dead. (Does ANYONE still play this?)
Minecraft - Active.
Ministry of War - COMPLETELY empty after several months, so this isn't even an archive, it's a delete.
RO - I don't think anyone plays very actively, but it's still kinda sorta played, and the guild would be active again if they ever fix Renewal. I guess keep for now, archive in a few months if needed.
Tinywarz - This currently has more players than all the other games combined (~60 active atm).

Stuff to potentially add:
Terraria: Bulls says we have 4 players. If that's 4 people who actually play regularly, that should be enough to start a forum for it.
LoL: There was a thread for it a while ago, and I keep seeing the [L] icon next to XFire names, so there's clearly a bunch of us playing, just not together. A forum could fix that. :)

Edit: Lomaz also mentions TF2, I think we do have a few players of that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:27:23 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Games Forums - What needs to be added and dumped?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »
Correct on the details.

Also, if this server can do it, a public CC server would be really nice for trading.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:56:26 pm »
Stuff to potentially add:

Combat Arms, Combat Arms, Combat Arms... ok, i wouldn't mind a group of friends playing with me xD
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

leeroy1001

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:09:31 pm »
I feel that a D&D board should be added. For sharing ideas, characters, builds, and the likes.

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
I think we should just change the Game & Guild Forums to just Guild & Clan Forums since the sections that we don't have the guild established in aren't getting enough attention. Just merge the guild subforums into the general area of each game section.

Guild Forums
-Dungeons & Dragons Online (<Guild Name Here>)
-Kingdom of Loathing (Power of Meep)
-Minecraft (CC Server)
-Ragnarok Online (Order of Chaos)
-Ragnarok Online 2 (OrderChaos)
-TinyWarz (Chaos Cluster)
-Other Games

And then we can merge the threads from the other games into Other Games and also use that as a suggestion section for where else to establish the guild. Of course, we'll need to restrict the guild sections so only members of those guilds have access to them since there could be guild sensitive stuff that we'd like to discuss but don't want leaked to other non-Chaos guilds. We can start up a groups system and let mods of each guild forum section add members to their individual guild group. That would also help keep out shady people who register accounts to spy on us.

As for the TinyWarz Guides, we should just open up our own CC Wiki and let members register to edit. (Separate from forum accounts, of course, since not all guildmembers want to help out.) Since I'm already running the Ragnarok Wiki and the Tree of Savior Wiki, I'd be more than happy to help run the CC Wiki. It would also be a great place to put up a history of Chaos Cluster so new members can see where we all started and where we are heading.

By the way, don't we have a CC guild established on Mabinogi now? We should add a guild forum section for that game.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:12:26 pm by ZeroTigress »
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!