Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Questions on mods  (Read 5978 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Questions on mods
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
Just a few questions on mods.

If I install additional mods for use in single player will I still be able to play on the server? Or would having extra ones installed screw it up?

Also, I was poking around and discovered a programme which runs in the background and acts as a real time map. There's also functionality that lets you teleport though I think. So are other people happy for me to use the mapping thing (Clicky) and I'll just promise not to use the teleport function? Or shall I just steer clear entirely?
=||=

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on mods
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 05:09:31 pm »
I think you can install other single player mods without messing it up.

No, no outside mods. If all players don't have it, then it is a unfair advantage to the other players.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:37:42 am »
I'm not sure if your mapping device can work in SMP, and even then I believe you'd need OP status to be able to use the teleport function.  As for running other mods, most won't interfere with you running on a server, although you do have to be careful not to put in conflicting mods (like two mods that both modify the same files or use the same IDs)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 01:54:26 am »
It does work in SMP. Didn't actuaklly use the teleport function but the mapping works.
=||=