Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: IC2 for 1.8.1  (Read 14773 times)

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
IC2 for 1.8.1
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:37:51 am »
Heads up people, it's hot off the press and hitting the server as I write this.  Over the next few hours the nearby area is a hazard zone as I play with new toys and see how badly I can break the server through legitimate means. (no, not griefing, just bug hunting)

EDIT: The crisis is over, DO NOT PUT NUKES OR REACTORS NEAR ANYTHING.  I was able to nuke my way through two layers of obsidian with just one detonation, and using one layer left a fair amount of damage to the area when it breached.  Reactors are supposed to be even stronger.  WATER DOES NOT SAVE YOU!  Several layers of water and a nuke was not only able to breach the single layer of obsidian 4 blocks away but it actively DESTROYED the water containing it.  DO NOT MAKE NUKES!  KEEP REACTORS AT 30000 feet and away from ANYTHING, even landscape, and behind atleast a layer of obsidian anyway.

Now that the warnings are over, the server is safe to return to, I will be on tomorrow(today for those of you who have to be 'correct' about everything) and have the power to give people their stuff back from previous iterations of the server (since I'm reclaiming mine),  There will be a solar array to siphon power from once I've had time to sleep and not electrocute myself wiring it up, and there will be machines to utilize too.  Teleporters are functional, they do not spontaneously combust for no reason, the electric jetpack works (loses strength with altitude), nothing else has been able to affect obsidian, I think that's all I have to report.  My aim is in my profile if you need me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:52:45 pm by Sonya the fox »

Skeeter

• View Profile
Re: IC2 for 1.8.1
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »
As for the nukes and reactors, we can disable them from exploding, which might be wise.  alternatively, we can tone them down to only destroy themselves.  I don't know if there's a point in having one if we have to travel miles to work with them.  Teleporters are not a terrible option for that, but if a reactor does go chernobyl on us, off in the distance, it would more than likely take out any nearby structures (such as teleporters) with it.

Edit:  I forgot the initial reason for my post, which was to include instructions for installing IC2.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php/Download#Setup

This part of the page has 6 downloads and a How to Install section.  Please follow the instructions there, as they are super helpful.

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php/Download#Client

Take the first download under the boldface word "Client" on this page, and put it in the folder "%Appdata%/.minecraft/mods"
That means not putting it inside of your minecraft.jar, as well as not extracting it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:33:05 pm by Skeeter »

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:20:33 am »
When you click on the sound library, it doesn't go to an instructions page of any kind, just straight to a download. There is zero documentation in said file.

I tried to install it, but the game gets stuck on the Mojang splash screen for 2 minutes, then loads, but with no sound.

The official MC forums don't have a thread for the IC2 except for the 1.7.3 version (is this thing even officially out yet)?

I tried looking up the sound mod itself, but the wiki lists it as "Player's SoundFix" which is impossible to Google or search for. The directory name is "Paul's Code", and the only related result for that is post on that guy's site of "Please stop asking me about Minecraft. They used my free sound system, but I'm not involved in that project at all."

Does anyone have a guide on how to install that mod?
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:53:44 am »
When you click on the sound library, it doesn't go to an instructions page of any kind, just straight to a download. There is zero documentation in said file.

I tried to install it, but the game gets stuck on the Mojang splash screen for 2 minutes, then loads, but with no sound.

The official MC forums don't have a thread for the IC2 except for the 1.7.3 version (is this thing even officially out yet)?

I tried looking up the sound mod itself, but the wiki lists it as "Player's SoundFix" which is impossible to Google or search for. The directory name is "Paul's Code", and the only related result for that is post on that guy's site of "Please stop asking me about Minecraft. They used my free sound system, but I'm not involved in that project at all."

Does anyone have a guide on how to install that mod?

Just dump it into the .jar, that's it.  It took me two tries to install the entire IC2, the first time I just dropped everything in one mod at a time, the second time I dropped things in and started minecraft each time, loading a world because that's where the first attempt constantly blew up.

-------------------------------------------

In other news, I managed to rig the beginnings of a portal network.  It still needs a lot of work Nether-side, but if you cross the lake and look for the thing made of stone bricks you should be pleased with my first creation of a portal (not just some obsidian door standing free in the middle of nowhere).  The only other portal on the network beside 'home' is the area I've begun to inhabit and install my machines in, so far just the nuclear reactors (yes, two reactors, 6 chambers each) are operational, the magnetizer is failing so you'll have to climb to the top of the mountain, then walk along the narrow cobblestone bridge (functionality, not aesthetics, at the moment anyway).  I left a solar panel to ensure the chunk remains loaded (seemed to work like that in the past), and there's like 20 heat dispersers and 40ish cooling cells, maybe more cells.  Feel free to use them, just do me a favor and try not to melt anything, I've managed not to do it so far (don't ask me how) so I expect you guys to do the same.  Enjoy, I'm going to bed like I should've five hours ago.

PS: bring your own power storage, materials, everything else.  I also have like 15 reactor plates too, so the two reactors are mostly set for operating tools.  The power storage unit is an MFSU, so you can even bring Lapotron Crystals as well as RE Batteries to collect your power with.

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »
Installed and loaded it up without a hitch.

Opinions - as someone who hasn't set much up yet (made a mine, underground farm and not much else) would it be worth while just upping and moving to find an area with the new ores? I'm not sure how far out people have already explored so I don't know if its even feasible to carry everything with me over :P
=||=

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »
At what point, if any, during adding those mods did you run the game? I'm thinking at this point that there's either specific points it has to be run at, or the sound library just doesn't work with Windows 7.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:42:25 pm »
Installed and loaded it up without a hitch.

Opinions - as someone who hasn't set much up yet (made a mine, underground farm and not much else) would it be worth while just upping and moving to find an area with the new ores? I'm not sure how far out people have already explored so I don't know if its even feasible to carry everything with me over :P

Well, I decided I needed to move to start setting things up, but that's partially because I have massive plans (solar array, nuclear reactors that will wipe out a 35 radius if detonated...).  If you have more than one inventory worth of stuff to move, I'd recommend going out to where you want to be, finding a place to setup, then install a Nether portal and ignite it, but DON'T enter.  Instead, either travel back to another previously setup nether portal or get someone else to help you from the Nether at the same time as you go out.  Make a portal in the nether with coordinates as close to 1/8 of the overworld gate's coordinates as possible, but make sure  the Y coord matches or is a little bit higher.  Then travel through that new portal in the nether and you 'should' land in the one made in the overworld.  This is not guaranteed and could be a fight and a half, I'm still fighting with the system myself but after some struggles I did get a portal in the nether to link to a portal in the overworld where I wanted it to be.

At what point, if any, during adding those mods did you run the game? I'm thinking at this point that there's either specific points it has to be run at, or the sound library just doesn't work with Windows 7.

I personally ran after every step, and I made sure to get as far as loading up a world and even creating a few new chunks each time (when I first tried to just plug it all in THEN play my crash occurred on world entry).

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:14:58 pm »
I just installed them in the order it said on the wiki, then deleted in meta inf file, then put the ic mod in the mods folder.

Didn't run minecraft once til I loaded it up.

Admittedly I haven't tried generating a world or played for more than 30 minutes so there may be problems I'm not aware of but everything seemed to be working fine.

I'm using windows 7 btw :P
=||=

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:09 pm »
Update on the reactor: all components are cooled and ready,the magnetizer is now fully functional, but during your short catapult to the top you'll suffer approx 2 hearts of suffocation damage, seems the iron fences 'occupy' the whole block but allow you to enter it's space too, where you have to be with metal shoes to get launched.  I do not know how well it works for going down, but going up is in about a second.

EDIT: After leaving the cave the portal is in, turn right and look for a tiny tunnel dug into the stone, it shouldn't be more than 15 blocks away, that's where the magnetizer is

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:50:35 am »
Ok, I did the mods one at a time, loading a world after each, and closing winrar after each to make sure it knew what it was modifying. That seems to have worked.

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 01:58:48 pm »
If anyone has any spare gravel, I need it for the nether city. But, were the portals spawned? Is this a new world?
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 01:45:06 am »
If anyone has any spare gravel, I need it for the nether city. But, were the portals spawned? Is this a new world?

I'm gonna go off on a limb here and say you're the one responsible for the splatter of exp I found outside my door.  The two portals currently spawned were placed by me, one is at the lake where we all started, the other is waaay overseas where I began construction.  Thanks for ensuring my bunker is sound, now if only I could make Reinforced Stone Buttons so they could stop getting blown off by every creeper who visits.  I'll come back with a chest to give you your stuff back.

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 05:20:55 pm »
Now I remember, I did die. The zombie group while I was lumbering...

Anyway, Sonya, Thanks.

What is your username?

I am really going to be surprised if it is Firewind!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:50:45 pm by Bullseye55 »
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:40 am »
Now I remember, I did die. The zombie group while I was lumbering...

Anyway, Sonya, Thanks.

What is your username?

I am really going to be surprised if it is Firewind!

Your stuff got dumped in a chest in that one cave room lakeside, lots of stone tools if I remember right.