Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: New clan instance  (Read 9882 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
New clan instance
« on: October 16, 2011, 04:14:53 am »
It's likely only for halloween, so check it out when you get a chance. :)
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: New clan instance
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:38 am »
Alright, so lets see, seems each monster has a chance (or only ghosts) of dropping a map, letting you explore

Upon  using the map, you get 3 options, Attic, Main floor, or Bacement

Attic -
Top option - more maps. once (per day?)
second option- ghost trap.
third option    - looks like ML+5 maybe, getting 1 more substat then normal... altho suddenlly trerro is getting 1 shotted by the enemys there after clicking that... whoops! their damage jumped from about 8, to 50 D:   Clicking it again turns the ML back down.
fourth option  - not sure, weird text about hairy chicks o_0

Main floor -
top option - ML+ again, turns up and down
second option - you see an orc die, seems about the same as the fourth option in the attic
third option - a closet full of skelitons, none/unknown effect
fourth option - gain ghostly paint

bacement floor -
Top option - leads to a props room with 3 options
            top option - obtain chainsaw chain
            middle option - a melting bench, i dont have anything to melt down
            bottom option - obtain funhouse mirror
second option - nothing clear
third option - ML+
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:57:38 am by Lomaz »

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:14 pm »
Seems like each ML increase doubles the ML of the monster? I think I've hit all the ML increases now I went from getting around 45 on the mainstat to 90. o.0

I turned it back downn again because I was having difficulty beating the monsters :P

Edit - I melted a silver shrimp fork down in the furnace and it gave me a silver shotgun shell. When I chose the non-combat which is the 4th in the attic I used up the silver shotgun shell to kill a load of werewolves.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:19:52 pm by GPH »
=||=

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:07:07 am »
hmm, good to know, i guess anything silver can be nuked down, i'll explore more in 2 days, when i'm no longer a hardcore fister. thanks for the info,  what if you try to go back there again?

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 02:35:56 am »
Fastest Haunted House Runs
Clan       Participants       Turns
Warehouse 23       1   8

...wait, what?

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
If you get a store of the items, you could just use a load of the books to kill loads of them without burning any turns?

I assume thats how to do it *shrugs* :P

Edit - there doesn't appear to be any bonus to high ML other than increased item drops which I'm happy to lose in favour of getting the runs done fast :P if anyone else is happy to burn some turns here I'll turn down the ML and we can see if we can get through a couple of these runs before the event closes :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:46:21 pm by GPH »
=||=

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:25 am »
i killed 2 of the 3 ML increases, i just cant handle it atm, killed a solid 240 of em today, and trapped 5 ghosts, along with 4 other noncom counters, we should be done 2moro if you're able to kill the boss for me.  next run i'll have more of everything to speed it up, and should be high enough a level we can have the counter set to 3 not 2 for ML, for increased exp. 

There is 300ish of each of the 5 monsters.....

Lomaz (#2089175) trapped some ghosts (9 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) took out some zombies (3 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) took out some skeletons (2 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) defeated sexy sorority werewolf x 61 (61 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) defeated sexy sorority skeleton x 48 (48 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) defeated sexy sorority vampire x 65 (65 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) defeated sexy sorority ghost x 61 (61 turns)
Lomaz (#2089175) defeated sexy sorority zombie x 64 (64 turns)

HamsterishOne (#1157644) defeated sexy sorority skeleton x 163 (163 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) defeated sexy sorority vampire x 154 (154 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) defeated sexy sorority ghost x 148 (148 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) defeated sexy sorority werewolf x 157 (157 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) defeated sexy sorority zombie x 167 (167 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) took out some skeletons (6 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) took out some zombies (2 turns)
HamsterishOne (#1157644) took care of some werewolves (1 turn)

228ish werewolves dead
291ish skeletons dead
299ish ghosts dead
219ish vampires dead
271ish zombies dead

Assuming i understand how the noncom's work, we're sitting around there right now, so maybe 200 turns left tel we're clear, and we look like we'll make it in under 1100 for the skill

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 04:48:24 pm »
I have no idea how everyone else is going but I was assuming we were gonna have the ML turned down as low as possible in case anyone else wanted to join in for the next run.

I'm happy to have them however really but if we want the ML up for the next run can you confirm that so that I don't accidently screw you over by setting it too high :P
=||=

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »
next run Trerro will be with us, in aftercore, so 1 ML mod seems to be ideal, strong enough that we get a bit of exp, and their booze, but still weak enough to kill without much trouble.  i'm mostly holding onto my combat items cept for the ghost traps, and holding onto all my maps for next run so we can be sure to do it in under 1100.

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 10:22:15 am »
I just took out the Necbromancer, so it's ready for a reset whenever.

The 3rd form is actually super easy, because he only has 1000 HP. Shards of double-ice do damage equal to your main stat, so potion it to 1000 (or 500 and funksling the shards), and he's dead.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:50 pm »
Trerro, just a head up - I already went through another run and I've just killed almost all of the skeletons, zombies and ghosts in the one I've just opened up.

So basically I need you to spend at least one turn in the dungeon so I can actually distribute stuff to you :P

As a side note we've done three runs now with no staff drop so fingers crossed for this run :D

Edit - Another run finished, I've got the full outfit now and Trerro got his skill tome. I've still got like 45 of the guides. Does anyone want to do another run or shall I just sell them?

And still no staff :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:41:42 am by GPH »
=||=

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 10:22:53 pm »
Nov. 1: the instance is still up, any idea when it'll stop existing? or is the ability to make a new one just disabled so everyone can finish their current run and call it a year?  Anyone know?

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure with the Crimbo section of Hobopolis, it stayed up until you reset, and new instances just wouldn't have it.

I'm not sure how this one will handle it though, since it's its own instance, and not just an add-on to one.