Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: re: oars belgin game post in trash  (Read 17541 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: re: oars belgin game post in trash
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 12:26:56 am »
The problem with auto-translators is that they only know words, not context or intent. They generally do a passable job if given languages with a common root (Spanish->English for instance), but it give it something like Japanese->English, and it'll fail hard.

Even if you DO use 2 languages with relatively similar rules, they're going to screw up slang, wordplay, humor, etc, as well as guessing wrong when a word can have 2 meanings but requires 2 different words in the target language.

im pretty sure not a lot of people here know every english word.

With the speed tech advances at paired with the huge number of countries that speak English, even if as of this second you DO know every word, you won't 3 hours from now. :)

This isn't a gaming forum... it's just a bunch of guys that know each other, some of whom are trying to make it into a gaming forum

It was a forum originally for people playing a game called KoC. While the game and the in-game alliance it was created for are both long dead, it remains a forum populated by people who are gamers of some kind... so even if it's not a gamING forum atm, it's still a gamER forum.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

oarsof6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 04:09:03 am »
You make me laugh Trerro

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 10:46:56 pm »
You make me laugh Trerro

Creating a community requires time, people and lots and lots of effort, but what helps now and then to keep you motivated is the knowledge that all the work you put into it matters to your members. Trerro is the only person (and maybe aamer too) that actually put in hard work on this site, so be nicer to him.

oarsof6

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »
I was laughing about the long, thought out response for a SPAM topic  ;)