Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Update 1.8  (Read 5443 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Update 1.8
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:59:14 pm »
Just flew around for a bit on a creative map. Either I was generating an unusual map of the map generator is now set to 'EPIC SCENERY' :P Probably just me though.

I found a random NPC village style thing which was pretty cool. It included a forge with a small lava pool! :o and fully formed and irrigated farms. So that was cool.

Think I spawned in a swamp biome. Don't know if they've changed the odds of mushrooms spawning under trees but they were under almost every tree near where I spawned o.0

Anyway...what are everyones favourite changes? One of mine is probably stone brick...finally something to do with all that damn cobblestone :P
=||=

Skeeter

• View Profile
Re: Update 1.8
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »
My least favorite change is the new Endermen mob, which can rearrange any blocks not placed by the player *after* 1.8 is installed, so any maps you have from pre-1.8 are subject to rearranging. :(

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Update 1.8
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:15 pm »
I love the fortress and abandoned mineshaft thing. Between that and the NPC towns, it gives the adventuring side of the game a much more developed feel.

The main issue I see with Endermen is server-side. If someone else accidentally creepers your structure, damage is generally limited to a hole in a wall and maybe a lost piece of furniture or something. An unchecked Enderman could take a whole building down before someone notices.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin