Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Industrial craft  (Read 5431 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Industrial craft
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:50:58 pm »
Started building machines today and I thought I'd share my thoughts so far.

1. Macerators are awesome. Stop whatever project you're working on atm and build one :)

2. Iron furnaces (and the more advanced ones when you can get them) are awesome. Stop whatever project you're working on atm and build one :)

3. You need a LOT of rubber (and hence a lot of wood). Seriously, a tonne. Get an extractor as one of your first things.

4. Start making and using charcoal as your primary fuel source. Charcoal can't be used to make coal dust which is used in the making of a lot of things - therefore coal is more valuable than charcoal and you shouldn't be burning it or making it into torches if you don't have to.

Also be wary - some of the recipes on the IC2 wiki have either changed or are different in the version we're using. The ones on the minecraft wiki tend to work but it isn't as easily searchable.

Thats all for now. Anyone elses thoughts and comments?

PS Seeing as I now have some of the machines up and running I can give you a tonne of rubber to get you started if you like :)

Edit - forgot two things. firstly this page is prolly the most useful one from the wiki. Also do not make iron tools, make bronze and save your iron for making machines :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:05:37 pm by GPH »
=||=