Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Clip Art  (Read 6998 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Clip Art
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:24:00 pm »
Yet another IotM which looks complicated enough that I'd never remember to use to it good effect. Think I'll give it a miss as I already have suger shummoning (which I kinda regret in retrospect but ho hum)

Looks pretty good for HC types what with unbearable light, food, drinks and every type of buff you might want all in one neat package.

If I didn't already have a tome I'd be all over it to be fair. Thoughts and opinions?

Edit - also, the blammer is one of my new favourite items :P
=||=

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Clip Art
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:36:59 am »
Can you only have (x) tombs or something?

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:30:38 am »
You can have as many as you like but you can only ever summon 3 items from tomes per day (edit - you can only use tome skills 3 times per day, forgot that one of the tome skills summons multiple items...I'd say sugar shummoning is the worst of the tome skills :().

So I got the sugar shummoning one thinking 'well its better than not have anything'. I've since decided that unless you're in hardcore and want to make use of the weapons and them breaking into shards you can eat for health and mana, sugar shummoning isn't actually that good.

However this means that the relative benefits of me buying another tome have now gone down drastically because in order to get decent use out of the new tome I'd have to use my old tome less. Obviously its still slightly better as you get more options but generally I'm just :(

I kinda regret not getting Sorcerers of the Shore Grimoire when that was available. And unless I think its rubbish I'll almost certainly get the next libram that comes out.

I still might be tempted but already having a tome does make the item less awesome. As I said, if you don't have one I'd definately think this is a good IotM if only because unbearable light would speed ascending up quite a bit :P plus other fun buffs/food/drink :)
=||=

Tyred

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:58:17 pm »
As a non-player with two tome skills (Shugar and Stickers) I will probably pick up a copy or two of this one. It looks like a couple of the items are worthwhile enough to have.

@GPH: If you have and hate the sugar tome, don't use it! Pick this one up with some meat (I can give you some, if you would like) and use this one more. It will certainly help out future ascensions and even basementing to some extent.

Tyred
Back on the old RA, I was the resident counting fanatic, literature snob, Tetris champion, moderator of forums I never used and games I rarely played, Hexxagon champion, stupidest smart person, and incompetent admin. I hope my legacy here will be just as meaningful... or not.

Member as of June 20th, 2004 (yeah, I've been lurking around here for FOURTEEN years...)

"Both human stupidity and the universe are infinite, although I am not sure about the latter." Albert Einstein
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn." The shortest story ever written, attributed to Ernest Hemingway, but likely anonymous

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:00:22 am »
As a longtime hardcore snowcone summoner, I did grab this. There's tons of good choices of clip art summons, so I'll probably be using this more often than snowcones.

Multiple tomes are definitely worth having, as they give you more options for what you want to do.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 04:23:35 am »
a couple key points i've noticed

Unbearable light = Yellow Ray type item, for all who does not have the pet, very handy in HC or even hobo

Bucket of Wine = that + Ode when at 14 drunk = 30 or so more adventures next day

Borrowed time = 20 free adventures on last day of each accention

over all, very very handy so far