Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Heyo  (Read 8140 times)

Valsidor

• View Profile
Heyo
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:02:12 am »
Hey, Valsidor here. I'm a player of TW/DS, Minecraft (much more fun with other people and with an idea of what to make), and WOW. I'm a guy, almost 21, and in college. So hello!

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Heyo
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:06:28 am »
Hellos Val, welcome to CC! my computer lacks the power to run MC! huzzah!

Valsidor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:20:53 am »
Don't worry. My friend just got this really nice laptop that runs WOW on full, but struggles with minecraft on full.  ;D

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:09 am »
Welcome to CC. :)

Minecraft requires a fairly insane amount of power for what it's rendering, probably due to the fact that it has to read waaaaaaaay ahead since it has no idea where you're going to go. Even the server version needs a full gig of RAM, and that runs purely out of a command line, no graphics at all displayed.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:20 am »
Yeah...I figured my shiny new computer would be able to run a minecraft server for me and brother to play on.

One overheating computer later and my brother keeps dropping through the scenery because it's not loading properly. Good times :P

And yes, I demand island fortresses and underground farms in minecraft! Mostly because if I EVER venture topside I get killed by creepers. I swear to god every single time <_<
=||=

Valsidor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
You can make farms underground?

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »
Sky lights capped with glass and torches are your friends :)

Or for the more insane, just cover the top of a valley in glass and wall off each end :P Then put torches everywhere so nothing can spawn inside. Job done :)

Personally I prefer to find a small island to start on as you can immediately make that immune to most creeps just by making the walls too steep. Then bridges, underground and tunnels in the sea to secret exits on the mainland!

...minecraft is awesome
=||=

Valsidor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
That sounds awesome. When'll our server be up again? >>