Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: What I wrote  (Read 5965 times)

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
What I wrote
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:25 pm »
I wrote something in Dropshock today, and it really saddened me. Greatly.

Here is the words what I mailed to myself. It will tell you how much I miss the old times.

To: Bullseye55   Sent: 4:20pm 7-12-11
Looking at the Past
I have found that the original Indomitus faction, I was only in for two months.

Those days have unfortunately, gone now.

I miss those plunderous, well missed days. The days what could actually be called...Tinydayz.

I still have the emails from that one full year ago.

I hope this game recovers soon, but, I have suspected money is corrupting it, as can be determined why there are so many trolls in this community.

What I have suspected is that the trolls pay money into the game, and Frizz relies upon this money to make the game run.

Frizz can not afford to lose these paying trolls, because if he does lose them, the game would die.

Also, this community does not want change, as can be noticed in the forums. This is why the game will not recover.

What I think is that this community needs a huge change.

I think that, under the state of the game, I may never see the faction what I once liked, that still today, exists in my own proud signature.

Bullseye55,
Indomitus Barracks,
Past Faction Co-ordinator leader.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: What I wrote
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:16:17 am »
With the exception of PK, most of the trolls actually aren't heavy cash players. They're just very long time, bored ones.

Games with perma-loss usually run in cycles, since a few players end up with basically all of the power. Those players then win, and the game resets, giving everyone else a chance.

TW, of course, can never reset since there's a cash value on basically everything in the game, which has forced it to stagnate.

So cash is the root cause, but in a very indirect manner.

The problem is a question of how to fix the situation, and no one, including Frizz, really knows for sure. I personally think the key is move away from a primarily pvp game to an even mix, and to slowly phase out the permaloss, but I don't think Frizz likes the first idea, and most of the community hates the second.

Hopefully he'll figure something out.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
Re: What I wrote
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:25 am »
You could trade in points on an old server for points on a new server (or whatever they are), yet another problem solved by local genius iggy!

If random, awful at business, game developer thinks for a moment he should realise that's the only way he can save his game if its really going downhill that much :P