Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Signature Link Help  (Read 6903 times)

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
Signature Link Help
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:30:48 pm »
Hey guys,

I've exhausted most other resources of information (doesn't help the internet here right now might as well be off with the on/off thing its got going on) and I remembered you guys together are always the fountains of all knowledge.

I've been asked by my boss to make him a new signature for his emails, which was no problem at all.
He loves the design, just as is his way, he wants more and more, never happy with anything as it is. He wants there to be links in the image, not just the whole image as one link, he wants you to be able to click on his email address and go to his email, and also to click on the website to go there, so its not just a normal situation.

In terms of programming, I'm way out of my depth here, any ideas?

pilz
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Signature Link Help
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36:14 pm »
so you want dff parts of the image to send you diff places when clicked? only thing comming to mind is to make it a .swf image (flash) that way you can then modify different parts to do different things when clicked, then embed that at the bottom... not sure your email will allow that, other then that, try chopping the image up into several images, hyperlinking each one respectively, then putting them back together in his sig like puzzle pieces?

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »
Details pl0x; OS? OS version? Program used for sending emails?

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:23 am »
I've managed the html format now, through image mapping with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4.
I'm running Mac OSX 10.5 and I'm trying to insert it into apple mail now, and everything I've tried now is giving me hell, I've managed to even host the image as a website, and the links and everything work; the only problem now is fitting it into the mail program without any more problems :(
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:37 am »
You can actually do this with pure HTML.
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/imagemap.shtml

It's a rarely used feature called image maps, but they're very easy to use, and will do exactly what you're aiming for.

Edit: Ah, didn't see your second post, looks like you already did this. Dreamweaver is a good way to do this as you then don't have to play with coordinates, which can be a pain in the ass on large images.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:05:57 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:03:36 pm »
Dreamweaver still exists? lol

...and further more people USE it?