Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Tinywarz  (Read 7525 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Tinywarz
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:48:33 am »
This is a turn-based strategy game. Every planet runs in cycles of a certain number of turns. You set up your army, deploy to a planet, and do whatever you want to do. You can just kill normal enemies, get into pvp battles, get into full on faction wars with various objectives, drop a mining base and defend it, etc.

The game is big on pvp, which makes it a great alliance game, as working together makes you much stronger, and of course, if we want to do faction wars, we need several players.

I used to play this years ago, but the whole game was dominated by 2 factions, due to a lack of planets and a system that made it hard to catch up. It looks like this has been very much fixed.

I think a lot of current CCers will like this because:
-It's web-based.
-The game is built in such a way that it doesn't matter how much time you have to play it. Anything you don't have deployed to a planet can't be attacked, so if you have to step away for a few days, your account will be exactly as you left it.
-Though the game is subscription-based, it also has a market where EVERYTHING can be sold for game currency, including the stuff you buy the subscription with. This means if you don't want to pay, you can simply level units for someone, who will then pay you with the stuff you buy the sub with. Also, the sub is $25 for a YEAR (or $4/month), so it's not exactly pricey.
-Though the planets run in cycles, the overall game world is persistent. This means we can build up over time, and we'll keep everything we earn. It's really a great game to put a team effort into.
-Faction controls allow powers to passed around as needed, so the kind of very loose leadership structure we tend to have works. If the main people leading it aren't around for a while, someone can still drop our faction base.

Tinywarz.com if anyone wants to try it. The game has a bit of a learning curve to it (definitely read the newbie guide), but it's worth it.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tinywarz
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:42 pm »
Mk im on a training planet at the moument. the game seems interesting to me,I like fft :P so this is right up my ally
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

Adenia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:07:26 pm »
I've created an account. Will have to mess with it after work, though. User name is Adenia, o'course

oddblob :)

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:52 pm »
im in..i think/hope...have deployed something but had to get rid of it cause i was under attack...was wondering, would it be an idea to undeploy all your units before login off, just incase anything goes wrong

oh and my name is oddblobv (not sure how the v got there but, ah well)
well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:35:26 pm »
Okie, I invited both of you. Welcome. :)

Yeah, in most cases, you'll want to call a dropship when you need to log. It's only when you have a giant probe network down, or a base that are others are using, that you won't.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

oddblob :)

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »
hey...ive discoverd a few websites that may be helpful...both can be found from the game itself so im sure youve already found em, but, just incase :)

http://wiki.mobrulestudios.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://forum.mobrulestudios.com/
well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »
Of particular note on the wiki are of course the new player guide, but also, under advanced guides, the explanation of how accuracy is calculated. It's a bit complex, but once you read through it, you'll have an advantage over the many, many, newbies who don't know why they keep missing. :)