Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Orbs of doom - we may be screwed for a few days  (Read 5012 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Orbs of doom - we may be screwed for a few days
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:30:43 am »
So, it turns out that orbs have an infinite lifetime... and you can't spend them because xp doesn't do anything yet.

This makes every 1.8 server in the game a ticking time bomb. As soon as too many orbs are in play from dying, you crash. It doesn't matter whether it's lots of orbs death or a whole bunch of little ones.

I'd imagine a fix is coming quickly on this one, but expect a whole lot of instability in the meantime.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Re: Orbs of doom - we may be screwed for a few days
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:14:06 am »
I do not believe orbs have an infinite lifespan, just a long one.  At this point I am going to have to retire from the server, atleast going out and doing things beyond my fort walls, until 1.9 because of this.  I just had a death about 15 minutes ago, and standing on the exp splat for 13 minutes I'm still at 2seconds per frame.  Yes, that's how much exp I've acquired over the weeks, especially since I ended up accidentally cleaning up a few other players' exp puddles too, so I am the ticking time bomb.  Already made the server crash from the sudden appearance of the fountain.