Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: my windows xp servike pakkage 2 reinstall problem, help me?  (Read 7161 times)

SirGalahad

my windows xp servike pakkage 2 reinstall problem, help me?
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:07:56 am »
my windows xp service pakkage 2 is reinstalled and it starts off the screen resolution in 640 x 800, small, with 16 bit resolution, and the i would be able to download the drivers, if i had internet, but the internet is not pikking up the kable like it normally does when u buy a komputer, it normally doing it automatikally. anyone feel like helping? i found enough info to pikk up the word drivers, for the screen resolution still unsure, on a different komputer now, still need 100% help with the internet. - - internet, screen resolution. thanks! SirG

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: my windows xp servike pakkage 2 reinstall problem, help me?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:39:00 am »
It's very hard to read that paragraph, but if I understand correctly, you did a full reformat, and you now need drivers for basically everything.

First, go to the site of whoever made your system. There's a good chance they have drivers for everything in it. If they don't, they'll at least have a spec sheet so you know what hardware you need drivers for. Once you know what your network card is, get the driver for that (Google it if it's not on the site for your computer), install that, and then you should be able to download everything else directly from that machine.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

SirGalahad

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »
hmm, thanks, the spec sheet for the computer says: Integrated Intel Pro/1000 MT Network Interface
PCI Token Ring network adapter card (SD and SMT chassis only)
3COM 10/100 PCI with Wake-Up On LAN (WuOL) Network Interface Adaptor: for the Network Controller.

the spec sheet was at: http://www.pcmadd.com/specificatii/pdf/gx260_spec.pdf :if u want to look, for the other things i need downloaded.

how do i store what i download, and move it to the dead computer? do i need a modifier for formating if i download it to disc? or is it small enough for a diskette? i don't think we have yet a usb storage. this was with my parents, a this laptop. atleast.

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:51 am »
It might fit on a floppy, but probably won't.

If you don't have a flash drive handy, you can always just burn it to a CD and transfer it that way.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

SirGalahad

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:34 pm »
it works now!! 80 GB , the old hard drive should be a simple thing (bought a new hard drive)!