Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Major downtime and upgrade  (Read 4382 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Major downtime and upgrade
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »
The bad news: Our OS is ancient, and so is our forum software... to the point we can't even get security patches anymore. To fix this, we'll need to nuke the server from orbit and rebuild it. This will take quite some time.
The worse news: With Tinywarz, RO, and KoC all pretty much dead, activity here has dropped to near zero.

The good news: Sonya and I aren't stuck in the job from hell anymore, and actually have time to fix the server and get the community going again.

2 days after posting this, this website will go down for a very long period of time, including not even loading a homepage initially. Barring anything really unexpected happening, it will be back up by the end of this month.

Once we're back online, we're going to be putting in a large effort to contact as many old CCers as we can, as well as getting groups going in multiple games.

Our Discord is of course up and running, and will not be affected by the site going boom. If you don't yet have access to the Discord and would like to join, please ask pretty much any CCer by pretty much any means. (We don't post the link because we don't want to deal with spambots, but everyone is both welcome to join and invite others to it.)
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin