Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: VOCALOID  (Read 6873 times)

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
VOCALOID
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:29:46 am »
This thread is for those of you part of the underground world of VOCALOID, be you fan or producer.

VOCALOID is a series of computer programs that synthesize human voices into singers. First released in 2004, the very first VOCALOID programs were English, followed by Japanese. It did not become popular until the release of Hatsune Miku, a Japanese VOCALOID. It has a huge art following with hundreds of amateur composers and lyricists writing music for VOCALOIDs as well as millions of fanart. In 2010, the first VOCALOID concert featuring Miku was held and VOCALOID began entering mainstream media with support from Lady Gaga.

I first heard of VOCALOID at Anime Expo 2008, but never really looked into it until 2010. The very first VOCALOID concert in the states was held at Anime Expo 2011. I was lucky enough to get a seat 10 rows from the stage. Even though the quality was far below that of the Japan concerts, I still enjoyed it nonetheless. *waves around Len cell phone strap souvenir*

Obviously, my top favorite VOCALOID is Len, followed by KAITO. Not too fond of Miku, but a lot of songs made for her are good. Luo Tianyi from China is also starting to grow on me, but the Chinese fanbase hasn't really impressed me with their original music. I do like me some GUMI and Luka with some Rin. Favorite English VOCALOIDs so far are YOHIOloid followed by Big Al, although Oliver and Sonika are good, too.

Favorite UTAU (fanmade VOCALOID) thus far is Namine Ritsu. I don't know why, but I love her voice for some reason. Also starting to like Kasane Teto a little more.

Share your thoughts and song recommendations here!
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!