Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: [October '12 Discussion and Vote] TerraFirmaCraft - Discussion  (Read 5732 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
[October '12 Discussion and Vote] TerraFirmaCraft - Discussion
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:43:14 pm »
For those not familiar with this mod, or who are but would like to read up on it more:
Wiki: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Main_Page
Site: http://www.terrafirmacraft.com/

There's 2 things in particular I think we should discuss here.

1. What kind of world are we aiming for in terms of initial spawn (starting biome, lots of land vs bordering water, etc)? I'll let people who have actually played the mod comment on this before I do... I know biome is more significant than normal with this mod.

2. What difficulty setting should we use? Hard might make the "hardcore survival" aspects of this mod more significant (most notably death by starving), but may also make an already hard mod a bit over the top. I'm nuetral on medium vs hard for this.

That's about all I can think of. If there's anything else you want discussed as well, you should of course post it.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Re: [October '12 Discussion and Vote] TerraFirmaCraft - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:32:38 am »
As long as we're on a fair sized island, minimum, for land available we should be okay.  On both worlds that I've played it on we did some exploring for an MC day or two before finally settling (on my SSP world I actually spent closer to a week).  Having access to water is actually extremely useful for two reasons: panning/sluices for ore, and fish.  Without fish we will tax the wildlife to local extinction and eventually starve ourselves as we don't know how to make the farming work, if it is at all functional.

As for difficulty, since we'll be on a server I'd say Medium, as then we stand a chance of recovering from starving and spiders won't outright kill us, just mortally wound for the skeleton behind the tree.  Hard 'can' be played, but on SSP where you can reliably fight things in melee combat.

Side note: we don't really need any other mods with this, unless you really want some kind of extra creatures to come and abuse us in the night.