Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Bloodbowl  (Read 6924 times)

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Bloodbowl
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »
I've recently started playing Bloodbowl.

For those of you who haven't heard of it before its a game produced by Games Workshop which is roughly similar to a fantasy version of American football. The rules are available for free here.

There is a computer game but I have been playing on a free website called FUMBBL.

If you sign up and create a league team we can just play matches when we feel like it against each other. If anyone fancies having a go, let me know :)

Don't worry if you're not into American football (or any sort of sport for that matter). I'm not and I'm enjoying Bloodbowl :)
=||=

Pitvrug

• View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:01:14 am »
Don't worry if you're not into American football (or any sort of sport for that matter). I'm not and I'm enjoying Bloodbowl :)

Not so sure about that, I tried the PC version, and got continually frustrated, I attribute my struggles to my lack of American Football knowledge :/

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:36:22 am »
I bought the PC version in a sale to see what it was about after playing for a while.

It doesn't really attempt to explain the rules at all so I can see it being difficult if you had no previous experience. Also not helped by the fact that the AI is pretty terrible, so if you try to learn by watching it won't really work.

I'm happy to walk you through the basics if you (or anyone else) fancies giving it another try :)

Edit - and just to note, I'm from the UK and literally have no idea what the rules for American football are so I don't think any prior knowledge in that regard is necessary ;) That said you do have to have a good grasp of the basic rules of Bloodbowl before you start playing really to understand what you're doing and what would be a good move and what would be a bad move.
=||=