Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Board Games?  (Read 8849 times)

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Board Games?
« on: June 29, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »
I'm thinking about trying to do more with board games oddly enough, and since we're all scattered across the country I've dredged up MapTool ( rptools.net ) to give us a common board to look at.  I've already gotten one or two set up to be compatable with it, ones that I've had a good time with at the kitchen table.  Not sure about 'when' to have a game night, so far it's just a whenever there's enough people in the xfire chat room that are interested.  I did just finish running a successful game of FRAG (www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2025/frag) with three people playing, but there are other games I can pull out like PowerGrid, Doom (yes, it's a boardgame too), Dungeon Lords, and possibly even Dominion.  You can find out some more about them all on boardgamegeek.

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Board Games?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »
Sonya, long time since I posted here.

To the point of this post:

I would love to see a Monopoly board game online with a few game-typed twists. :) If it is possible to make.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Re: Board Games?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:19:28 am »
Thing with what I'm doing: there is absolutely no programming being done with the game itself.  All MapTool is is basically the kitchen table with a bunch of gamers sitting around it.  Pieces are pushed around manually and such...