Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: So that 4 day run I was attempting?  (Read 6347 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
So that 4 day run I was attempting?
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:11:20 am »
Here's where my final turn of day 4 put me:

Yes, ONE more turn would've done it.

Yes, I needed ONE more turn to pull it off. *growls*

Edit: Lomaz pointed out I can technically still do a 4 day HC run by dropping Boris and using the extra booze capacity... so I *technically* got it, but... bah. :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:24:19 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: So that 4 day run I was attempting?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »
How are Boris runs? Think I'll give one a go in the near future - are they harder or just different from normal runs?

Amusingly I did both of my last two runs in exactly 1068 turns...and they took 8 and 7 days respectively so you've got me well beat either way :P
=||=

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: So that 4 day run I was attempting?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:18 am »
Speaking purely from hardcore, the first couple of runs are harder, but once you see how they work (and have a skill pool that doesn't start at 1), they they're just different, and eventually actually become easier than regular HC.

For SC, I'm not really sure... I don't see things like Demand Sandwich having as much impact, but you you'll have the gear to actually run the ML song which HC really can't in most places.

If nothing else, it's definitely fun for a different kind of challenge.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin