Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Sanity Grater  (Read 7852 times)

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Sanity Grater
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:05:25 pm »
Okay, there was mention again of frizz giving up on the game and people wanting the source code.  Old news.  What's grating to the sanity is first me trying to process how it could be done myself, then there was the scary thought of tinywarz: tabletop edition

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Sanity Grater
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:39:44 am »
It wouldn't actually be all that difficult to code a TW-like game, but it would take quite some time if done from scratch.

For the tabletop... Tinyhammer? :P That actually would be pretty fun, and most of the rules shouldn't be *that* hard to translate... :)
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity Grater
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »
Actually, one could theoretically just translate them straight, just need to have certain numbers handy is all.  It would make for an interesting thing, though commander things would be a questionable deal.  I can see one major difference in combat, or combat in general: no more "I ran out of time making orders", hopefully.  Just need a bunch of cards representing commands, some kind of a slider for cooldowns on the ones that have them....Oh wow, this is sick, and doable.