Author Topic: D&D  (Read 9702 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
D&D
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »
I'm thinking of running an online D&D campaign. Would anyone be interested in this? Don't worry if you've never played it (or any tabletop RPG for that matter) before, the system is easy to learn and we can explain as we go.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Valsidor

• View Profile
Re: D&D
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:54:13 am »
Could be interesting, but how would you do it online?

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:31:18 am »
Most of the game is simply RP, which a chat room handles fine, and most of what isn't is dice rolls, which a chat room likewise handles fine. When we actually need a map and a grid, there's programs like Maptool to handle that (free program everyone can connect to).
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

KhanCipher

• Target Verified, Commencing Hostilities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:33:36 am »
i call dibs on the rouge that can't disarm traps or keep his balance xD

i have an interesting story on that, my group had to go down a narrow slippery downslope. i went first because they didn't want to fall down because of me, i did my roll successfully... while everyone else failed it
Quote from: AVGN
This is a Blizzard of Balls, I can't believe Humanity was capable of degrading itself so low as to produce such insulting catastrophe of ass!!

Sonya the fox

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:54:25 am »
I happen to have Maptools already, I do have to ask some questions though:
Edition?
Level?
Any odd varients or some such used? (example: spell point system)

Just to start, I know not much would be figured out at this point but those are biggies I'd like to know about.

Dakon42

• Semi-Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:26:28 am »
I'm down! Been aching to re-roll my old druid.

Gotta love having a flexible healing class, mm?

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:08 am »
Edition: Pretty much 3.5
Starting level: 3
It's a high magic world with a mana system in place of spell slots, as well as some mana-based gear.
Other odd variants: -Characters will start at a slightly higher than normal power level.
-There's a few things I want to introduce that won't be in at the start. :)

I'm going to write up a lot more detail in the next day or so. I have some rough ideas, but need to flesh them out more.

GPH

• Purplasm
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 02:55:51 pm »
A thousand times yes :P

I give you fair warning though that my maxim is that every item I pick up constitutes a new skill or ability and so I pick up anything and everything :P everyone thought I was mad for carrying around half a candle with no wick for months but it came in useful eventually :D
=||=