Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Huge-ass power outage again  (Read 8078 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Huge-ass power outage again
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
We got 10" of snow with the leaves still on the trees, knocking down branches over power lines freaking everywhere. 1/4 of the state currently has no power, and the power company released a statement saying that even though very few houses took damage, the power grid actually got hit worse than it did from Hurricane Irene. It's unlikely I'll have power before Friday, and it could be upwards of a couple of weeks (my middle of nowhere town is rather low on the priority list).

I'm posting this from a public wifi.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Huge-ass power outage again
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:49:47 am »
Just what I predicted that mess would turn in to.

Sorry I did not warn you sooner.
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:59 pm »
Well that sucks, apparently it's coming my way sometime soon, still no snow up here in the great land of Ontarioland Canada...   It's 15C outside today, would be rather plesent if i could enjoy it, but sadly my car is on the verge of being FUBAR, so i am rather horridly stressed over all that.  On campus wifi atm, in the commons, some asshat is watching DBZ at full volume and can be heard clearly for 100m in any direction =/ but yeah. the sun is shining, the grass is green, all the usual signs of impending doom. D:!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 06:53:28 pm »
Thankfully, there was no line damage between my house and the closest town people actually care about, so power came back today, even though ~90% of the town is still out.

my car is on the verge of being FUBAR, so i am rather horridly stressed over all that.

That's never good... hopefully insurance is taking care of the mess.

On campus wifi atm, in the commons, some asshat is watching DBZ at full volume and can be heard clearly for 100m in any direction =/

What does that say about his volume level?

Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Bullseye55

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »
Yes!

It turns out there's no damage at all between me and the nearest town they actually care about, so 5-10% of the town has power now, and I'm thankfully in that tiny section.

Wow. Same thing happened last time!!!
Indomitus Barracks Coordinator Leader