Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Captcha  (Read 7946 times)

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Captcha
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:02:18 am »
it seems a bit silly to build a program that automatically finds codes to block automatic codes from doing things without human help, so i present to you, a couple i've found that a bot wouldn't have a super large amount of difficulty getting around, but a real person wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting!

the first and second require help from a char map, while the third... just looks like black poo.

Comments? :P

-Ian

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Captcha
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:22:10 am »
Bah, that's the CAPTCHA service CC uses. That being said, only the first word is actually tested. The second is a random word from a book they're trying to digitize. It's a method of getting millions of people to do it, one word at a time.

It's actually a pretty cool project, but sometimes it ends up pulling in crap like that.

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore
Here's an explanation of the project.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

iggy

• Member++
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:13:00 am »
It would be so much more fun if they just used riddles instead of random letters  :-*

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:17 am »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin