Register

Discord server is operational: https://discord.gg/tnbbFAQ

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: Turtle Island repeat quest  (Read 8654 times)

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Turtle Island repeat quest
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:04 pm »
Are there any ra player's thats going to be doing the ti quest at all during the next 3 weeks?  I have only been there 1 time a long while ago and dont remember how to get there LOL also what is the best class to level there? i have my bard to 67 and my wizzy to 94. thanks guys ill see you all after bushes today i hope
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
Re: Turtle Island repeat quest
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:23:44 pm »
TI is all over the place in terms of elements and such, so I don't think it really favors particular classes all that much.

You *technically* need a quest to get in there, but it seriously takes all of 2 minutes... or 10 seconds if you don't read the NPC text.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Turtle_Island_Entrance_Quest

If you want the backstory to the place, choose the other 2 conversation options on those NPCs and also read the journal, but that's optional, and purely for info.

I'll definitely be running it on my sniper, as my base:job balance is out of whack, and this quest can fix it.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:53:32 pm »
Ideal classes are sinx, and Monk, Sinx using an icepick to attack or SD, while monk to OI, as every monster has ass out defence, i hate TI, so i havnt been there in a while, David (Famed) has been there almost non stop on his sinx, so you can ask him if you need any info

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 10:53:21 pm »
yea i gather sin x would be useful there,i need to get the remaining jobs on flash for renewal witch we all know is coming soon.  ok,if your on one night down that way let know and ill try to find that famed person and see if i cant slide into a party there here and there

If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

Dokey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »
- Priest and HP are the most sought after classes because parties down here aren't as difficult to get into as Abyss Lake parties were, and most people are leveling other classes.
- SD SinX, BB LKs/ Knights or stalkers, Wiz/ Hwiz, and bolter sage/scholars are the most sought after classes for killing, especially Wiz and Hwiz.
- Monks and Champs are also popular, but with Mental Sensing.... as pullers. LKs and Knights are also preferred pullers, but MS champs and monks have been prettymuch dominating the job.
- Sac pallies are incredibly useful as tanks for protecting the squarshy wizards.
- Snipers are good for FASing mobs, particularly of assaulters which are Earth element (most wiz seem to have issues using HD :<) and have far less vit than the other turtles. Usually only one or two priests are with the party at a given time (only buffing select people), so Wind Walk is useful in an immesurable degree for keeping all party members up to the same speed, as it were.
- Stringing bards/ minstrels are not a necessity, but are useful for Wiz/Hwiz/Sage casting, and Scholar sp-refilling. Also useful for assumptio casting for low dex HPs or the (many) new HPs down there.
- Scholars are useful for giving sp and bolting, but not essential to a party.

Hope that was helpful :3

Lomaz

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:06:39 am »
- Monks and Champs are also popular, but with Mental Sensing.... as pullers. LKs and Knights are also preferred pullers, but MS champs and monks...

Just a quick note, looks good Dokey, other then the fact that mental sensing is a duet skill for bards/dancers, i beleive you mean Mental Stringth, wich boosts a monk's hard def/mdef to 90/90 and makes it impervious to being lowered by the size of the mob wich it is tanking.

Dokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:00 am »
Yeah, that's what I meant. I was looking up gypsy stats and skills when I was writing that XD