Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: CC logo  (Read 35528 times)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
CC logo
« on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:21 pm »
We definitely need a new logo, so let's discuss what the new one should look like.

Some ideas:
1. It should be something cool to look at. We want people clicking it in forum sigs, and it should help make a good first impression of our site.
2. There needs to be a picture of something... there isn't an obvious creature type like there was for the RA, but chaos is pretty broad, so there's a lot of ways this can go. Alternatively, we can always just throw a warsquirrel in there.
3. It should probably mention our multifaceted thingie - I'm thinking "community, knowledge, silliness" would cover it.
4. If people still want the Latin, maybe "arcani et sciuri" in a ribbon at the bottom or somesuch. I like the idea of a Latin motto that sounds fancy until you translate it and facepalm... but at the same time, a lot of people won't translate it and will think we're trying to be elitist or somesuch... so I'm mixed on whether to include this.
5. The overall thing should probably be a seal, a coat of arms, or some kind of unified whole. I think a seal would actually be slightly better than a coat as the community, knowledge, silliness could then form the outer ring of the seal, and it's easier to get a creature of some kind in there.

Post suggestions here, and if you're an artist and willing to actually make the logo, this would also be a good place to throw drafts - even if it's a 3 minute MS Paint job that simply shows us what would go where in the final version, that would help use choose.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CC logo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:06 pm »
Latin is ok, we are elitist after all ;).  Maybe we can have our slogan in english at the top, and latin at the bottom.

As for our logo, I think a coat of arms thing maybe? I don't know, I kind of like logo we have now, with a phoenix that's also a person.  Doing something symbolic like that would be nice.

As an example, the Presbyterian Church has a cool logo.

oddblob :)

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 10:23:10 am »
we did kind of have a phoenix and a person in the last one, as there was a person inside the phoenix.

i like the idea of the latin, and english at the top

although ive got no ideas for what animal, however i think we should stay away from obscure animals go with a cow or horse, OR go for mythical beasts like the phoenix... maybe a unicorn or a minator.

Edit: possibly a hydra from Greek mythology, cause the 5/7 heads could represent the community
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:56:54 pm by oddblob :) »
well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:55:24 pm »
We should get a temp logo going soon. Chaos Cluster with an RA logo just looks weird. Any descriptions/shoddy paint jobs describing what you want?

Here's a random something I made when I was bored in class.

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 05:24:28 pm »
ive made a very rough Coat of arms for the ideas i said in my last post..i only used images of google image serch, microsoft word and paint (only to save it as an image) so its not perfect :)

well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:28:02 pm »
Nice, good start oddblob.

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »
cheers mate, your is cool..nice and simple, sometimes simple is best :)

Aamer

• This is a custom title!
  • Administrator
  • I eat babies!
    • View Profile
    • this is a website title
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 05:02:04 am »
hahahahahahhaahahhaa you guys make me laugh. i like your picture full of unicorns and hydras but is that really the message we want to send out? unicorns and hydras.... man... that had me cracking up.

i like your general idea a lot bman. maybe we can jazz it up a bit more but i really like the classy look of it. maybe instead of the center being black is got a something popping out of it. and the background also have something. but that in the middle would be really cool

ps- im not trying to rip on your thing blob, it just threw me a bit :p
i havent had a sig in ages

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 07:28:08 am »
Oh yea, something in the center would be cool.  I don't really have any emotional attachment to it, so feel free to mess around with it if you want.  I was just trying to do something with the double C that was different from things I had seen before, and I was bored in class haha.  Oh rambling professors....

pilz

• Member++
  • Loby you too Viggo ;)
    • View Profile
    • Warriors Gap Year Programme
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »
How about maybe not jazzing it up too much, you know these days how less is more?
Possibly choose two more colours, and we can have a go at making it a gif or something with the two Cs rotating?
Blue and yellow - purple pilz!

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 02:31:02 pm »
oh god no, spinning C's would make me feel sick, but yea im liking the idea of something coming out of the middle

and, dont worry aamer, i was just throwing ideas around :)

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »
The C makes me think of this:
http://creativecommons.org/
and black circled C's in general are pretty widely recognized as the copyright symbol.

I think we need something in between the super simple (like the C) and the way too busy (like blob's).
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Aamer

• Administrator
  • I eat babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:19 am »
i think everyone is one the same page. black wouldnt work, obvi.  and it needs some busyness to it

Aamer

• Administrator
  • I eat babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 03:56:08 am »
so hows this?

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 04:21:13 pm »
The color makes me think of a construction site, but yea that's a decent general idea Aamer.