Register

Chaos Cluster has returned.

Chaos Cluster

Author Topic: CC logo  (Read 36791 times)

Aamer

• This is a custom title!
  • Administrator
  • I eat babies!
    • View Profile
    • this is a website title
Re: CC logo
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
yeah, i hope you know that was a 5 minute paint redoof the logo..just ot show it with more color and busyness so it wouldnt look so much like what trerro said
i havent had a sig in ages

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 10:19:01 pm »
Right, I figured so much.  I like the concept, having a mascot come out of the middle + color.  What should our mascot be?

oddblob :)

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 11:49:13 pm »
well, its usually a war squirrel isn't it?
well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Aamer

• This is a custom title!
  • Administrator
  • I eat babies!
    • View Profile
    • this is a website title
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 07:33:44 am »
http://www.latimes.com/ct-met-kass-0217-20100217,0,5490895,full.column

important link... i think this is our new creature mascot thing.. can someone render a blob-fish?
i havent had a sig in ages

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 10:50:22 am »
sorry...but i HAVE to have that as my profile picture :P it just works
well know...this is an act called mating, but there are a few differences between human beings and animals that you should know about....

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 04:08:11 pm »
So my hackjob at a logo is here.  We really need to get working on making a semi-official one.  The RA logo just looks wrong for our name.

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 07:12:31 am »
here is my 2 cent's on the logo thing. I think a version of the double c's with the names of the founding father's of ra/cc walking around the out side of it,with a squirl coming out the center with a bad attuide a cigar and a Huge wepon of some CC creation would be something to triffel with. yea at 2 am my juices are flowing  :o
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:15 am »
I started playing with 2 interlocking Cs on the left inside a circle... and then realized if I turn my head to the side, I get the freaking McDonalds logo... so no go on this one. (Ignore the pink, that's supposed to be the transparent part.)

Edit: I has an idea! Why not take the words Chaos Cluster, with the Chaos on top of the Cluster. Then have a warsquirrel either leaning back on the sign or sitting on the C in cluster, depending on arrangement, pressing a button on a remote control. To the right of this we have the remote releasing something (Iggy suggest butterflies for the famous reference of a butterfly flapping its wings affecting all sorts of crap in chaos theory.) Put a small "community, knowledge, silliness" under this and I think we'd have something decent. It wouldn't be nearly as busy as blob's, wouldn't just be a copyright/creative commons logo, and would be wide enough to work up where that phoenix is now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:08:23 am by Trerro »
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »
i like the idea off the interlocking C's, and the squirrel and butterflys, so, i bogged this together on ms word and paint

i couldn't get the butterfly's, so i did a sword instead
the green can be transparent if wanted
and the Community, Knowledge, Silliness could be a bit small to read and did warp properly, but other than that

The_Black_Assalant

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 01:52:29 am »
my art really blow's  :D i tried for a few box c's on thru the other went to color it and 2 year old LOL so you are the man trerro
If the pie was a lie,why did it taste so good.

in loving memory of the fallen friend's, Breakdown,Ocity,Dycyn :P and those name's lost in the destruction of the secret island destroyed by Falsa.

Currently Playing Ragnarok online 99 Trans sinx Flash-Blades,OutSellMe level 31 merchant,Lord Bo0m level 93 wizard,Agility sez what! level 31 swordsman,Icy Fingered Gank thief level 46

Bman21212

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 04:43:51 am »
This is the Creative Commons logo, just fyi.

These are some CC logos with interlocking Cs I found on the first two pages of google images "CC logo" search.  That's why I was initially not going for the interlocking Cs.

I wasn't initially high on the interlocking Cs, because it appeared that many other groups did that.  However, the overlaping Cs might work.

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 05:16:01 am »
That's... about as coat of arms as I can get with squirrels... :|

Alternatively...

(I have no idea what I drew. I just thought Chaos Cluster and this was what my hand produced.) Feel free to poke fun at them!

EDIT: Don't want to double-post so I'll just amend this one.

I was thinking of making some of the letters explode instead, but a laser beam just seems more silly. :p
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:47:59 am by ZeroTigress »
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

Trerro

• Administrator
  • Defender of Meep
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Cluster
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 07:18:12 pm »
That looks quite good. :)

It gets the name out there, it does something cool without being excessive, and it gets the squirrel in there nicely without ending up huge. :) It should also scale down well if it needs to be used in a forum that only allows really tiny sigs. I also like the thin laser part, which besides being awesomely silly, leaves a large blank area for people looking to customize it for a forum sig (as well as the option to simply cut the laser off anywhere to make room to put something to the right of it) - I'll probably put my RO characters above it and some info below for instance.

It definitely needs a bit of recoloring to replace that RA banner up there, but that's likely just a background fill.
Order of Chaos (Ragnarok Online, iRO Ymir) guildmaster - Mwrip (99/70 High Wizzie)

Dragon Code: DC2.Dw Gm L7f W T Palw Sks Cbk Bfl/"puns" A Fr-- M O H-- $- Fo R++ Ac++ J++ S+ I--# Tc++ E+

"I never knew faith had to come with an instruction manual." - Source Unknown
"My political ideal is the democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual, but let no man be idolized" - Einstein
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

ZeroTigress

• Member++
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarök Wiki
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 10:19:09 pm »
The only issue I have with it is that the red button the squirrel is pressing isn't very noticeable. Makes it look like it's holding a cane all British-like. (Which may or may not be appropriately silly.) If you guys want to roll with that, I can easily add a bowl hat or something to the squirrel. Although all that detail will get lost once it's shrunken so I'll try what I can to balance it out.

I'm thinking of making it so the squirrel is pressing one of those Staples easy buttons, but I'm afraid it'll come out looking like the squirrel is just touching a big red jawbreaker or something. :\

What sizes do you want for a forum banner and a forum signature? I'll be able to do some better tinkering if I know what resolutions to aim for.
Wandering around in iRO with no one to play with? Join the iRO Community RaidCall!

• i like me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 09:39:45 pm »
im British..ill think you'll find we dont wear bowler hats and walk around with sticks but hey that would be a cool idea to try out.......plus, that adds brillient sillyness to it

the staples easy button idea...hum, i think anything that the squirl has is going to get lost when its scaled down because of the size of the squirl

at the front of the laser there is a large white space...you could but the squirl there and a button there as well, possibly with the words fire above, just so people understand what the squirl is doing...just a suggestion